AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going without a BIO-FILTER . . . ?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Re: Going without a BIO-FILTER . . . ?

Hi Filip;
    Today i have transferred all my 15 discus to my 130 g tank together with 8 cories ,i have moved all the plants and the drift woods to a separate container getting ready for the big move 20171120_220903_resized.jpg
    20171120_220925_resized.jpg
    I don't know why but i am very nervous in case i get ammonia spike ,i think i go and get some zeolite as an insurance in case.
    I also will get some seachem stability in case ,some question i have ?
    . You talked about " my discus are resting in a 20 g tank " is that the same tank that you treated discus for 4 hours 2 mg/l of PP ?
    . Did you used 10% bleach to nuke the media in your canister or 20 mg/l of PP ?
    I am waiting to see how you are going with your treatment and also for the discus to settle down in their new environment before i start .
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Re: Going without a BIO-FILTER . . . ?

Well i decided to go through the PP treatment along Andrew soh method, i did 2mg/l of PP on day 1, 4 , 7 ,11,14 in 20 g Q tank for 4 hours simultaneously treated the display tank with 20 mg/l of PP with all the equipment e.g hoses ,nets buckets etc to make sure that there is no cross contamination ,i gave minimum food and w/c of 90% every day ,i left the canister fillter on all the time but had couple of air stone on all the time ,there was a lot of oxidation in form of brown slug on the first few times but gradually both the display tank and the fish got cleaner and cleaner ,also i added 0.5 ml of normal salt to the tank after the w/c to take care of possible ammonia also help replenish the slime coat and stop possible infection , i am surprised how smooth it has gone ,i have not even experienced any stress ,after day 14 all my fish are breathing much much slower with much less effort ,i am going to increase the feed slowly and add the extra salt for 30 days more .i have treated the plants and the wood in a separate tank for 30 days and will gradually introduce it to the display tank.
    I am extremely happy with the outcome even though it is still too soon to judge .
    If any body has any comment/ question please let me know .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123