ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New clay discus art for your wall!

Registered Member

Default Re: New clay discus art for your wall!

Def let me know when you have new colors done . Cant wait to see them... also how much are these going to be ea?

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Hi Philip, post 1 here tells all about them. I hope to have some new glazes in the coming few weeks and will make up a new batch of fish. I am so busy now with cone making that the fish will have to wait a bit. But thanks for asking!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Ricardo

i really like that blue glazed one. can't wait to see the new colored one. i'm so happy for you Barb and how good you are doing as a fellow hobbyist turned sponsor. it's so great when you sit down and think about it. Congrats and i only wish that we can all take part in buying your artwork.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    i really like that blue glazed one. can't wait to see the new colored one. i'm so happy for you Barb and how good you are doing as a fellow hobbyist turned sponsor. it's so great when you sit down and think about it. Congrats and i only wish that we can all take part in buying your artwork.
    +1! They are super nice!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Hi Philip, post 1 here tells all about them. I hope to have some new glazes in the coming few weeks and will make up a new batch of fish. I am so busy now with cone making that the fish will have to wait a bit. But thanks for asking!
    Barb
    So the glazed ones would cost the same as the nonglazed ones? Thought they would be more thats why I asked . But thanks for letting me know Barb. I cant wait. Def send me a PM when you get some done... I dont mind waiting and you know that . No spawning yet on the cone but they have showed interest to it hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Thank you all for your encouraging remarks! I do plan to make some that are all glazed, just need to find the right colors. Nobody wants a dark colored discus, and many of my glazes are too dark. Here are golden, dark pink and dark turquoise clay discus I have made recently. What do you think?
    Barb
    OH, DANG!!! My wife likes the BLUE one! And then next the RED one. Maybe you should stop now!!!

Only kidding. Keep experimenting. I think you're on to something!

Registered Member

Barb those are SWEET.

Brian
    Brian Ramer

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Thank you guys! Ricardo, Eddie, Philip, Don and Brian, I am glad you like them! I will see what I can come up with. The small ones will be $15 and the bigger ones will be $20. Either swirled clay or glazed light colored clay. I have been making and selling fish wall hangings for 10 years and these prices seem to be fair and well received so I will continue on with them. Hopefully within 2-3 weeks I will have a new "school" of clay fish to offer here. Thanks again!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member

Hey Barb,

They look supernice, especially unglazed becuase you somehow captured the physical morphology of the discus SO WELL!

I wonder if you could paint them like they were certain strains, like RGD or leopard, pigeon, etc. That would be interesting for sure!

Nice work!

Best,

Yasmin

PS - I went to the clay shop and made a plant pot for my discus tank last week! It's still drying but I plan on posting pics here when I'm done. Thanks for the inspiration!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12