ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discus from Kenny March II shipment

Real Name
    Matt

Default Discus from Kenny March II shipment

Hey all, i'm sure you all can guess....another great shipment and transaction done with Kenny. Quick and painless. Ok I lied, it was torture waiting on the beautiful fish Kenny sent. Same conclusion as always. #1 in customer service, excellent packing with no leaks at all still warm, and awesome fish. I've never seen fish this excited and...normal after overnight shipping across the country. Its almost like they just sleep the entire trip then are wide awake and playful when they get here in the morning. Kenny thanks for working with me on the Saturday delivery even after that busy day on Thursday!

They are settling in, but with the way they were acting I knew they were close to 0% stress so I snapped some pictures. Nothing fancy, just wanted to show you them literally 30mins-1hr after getting the box from the fedex man.

I learned right after my first shipment from kenny to always have a good pair of sissors handy. I'm sorry man, it took you a while to pack it but it took me a couple of seconds to open it

Here they are literally, 30mins-1hr after opening the cardboard box. Flamingos and Albino Blue Diamond Throwbacks! The ABD throwbacks sold me on this shipment, I was going to pass it by until I saw them so i HAD to have them and make tank space. Beyond pleased with them. And I saw the Flamingos and was sold too, these are my first real red fish and they are bright.

Stick out in a crowd

Thanks again Kenny! I'll be sure to keep you updated with their growth.
    -Matt

Default Re: Discus from Kenny March II shipment

Nice pic Matt look so clear and detail. what kinda camera that you use?
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks Hendri. I use a Canon 300D (Digital Rebel). Also using 2 speedlite slave flashes above the tank. Lighting the fish from above makes a world of difference in fish photos! Oh and these were taken with a Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro lens.
    -Matt

Thanks for the trick Matt.I'm planning buy some lense but every time have some extra cash goes to discus.

thanks
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Beauties Matt, those ABDTB have huge Dorsals, just crazy. Watch the little reds, they will live up to their color, I think they grow slower than some other strains and what they lack in growth speed they make up for in personality. Nice pics, best of luck with them!
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Damn those are some amazing photos Matt! And the fish are also amazing! I love those ABD Throwbacks!

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks all. Thanks Eddie, i'm no pro photographer and still just trying to learn the ropes.

Couple more.

-Matt

No man, you are a pro IMO. Those pictures are literally timeless, very striking!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Matt, don't your fish freak out when you apply the supplemental flash over the top of the tank? I tried that one day and they all bolted into the walls etc., haven't tried it again, but your pics are really beautiful!
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Real Name
    Matt

I've never had them bolt or get scared of the flash over the top. Though, fish from Kenny seem to have nerves of steel. I do usually have diffusers on both flashes but never had a problem with it even without diffusers.
    -Matt

Worth another try, this time I have Kenny fish....they don't spook easily....lol.
    Joan R

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Matt,

Thank you so much for the sequential presentation lol...especially the pics of the cut bags oh I really missed them and like you said it took me hours to tie them up properly...and you just cut them in seconds ouch!

Joking aside my friend, thank you for your order once again. It's always great working with you. I'm also very glad to know they arrived in good condition! Everyone knows what a great photographer you are but I'm sure in a couple weeks once they fully become comfy with their nice new home, they will be even more photogenic and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful pictures Matt! You definitely have the touch.

Thanks again for your very kind feedbacks they are very much appreciated as always. Stay in touch my friend and enjoy!

Thanks,
    Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks Kenny.

Heres some more for your viewing pleasure. Its really funny...the Flamingos and ABDTBs have segregated themselves for the most part to two sides of the tank. I've seen discus do this before...but not by color LOL. Also, it seems that two of the largest ABDTBs want to pair. After getting a good feeding of Mal's blackworms they were getting frisky and cleaning a cone already.

The shape and color of these Flamingos is awesome, I'm really excited to work with these. The Flamingos were the only ones I got good shots of last night, and the tank is dirty but here they are.

Fts mid water change, see the segregation? You can also see my camera flash setup on the top of the tank.

-Matt

Very nice and clean photos at very nice loooking discus.... me like alot
    Brgds Danne
    Our Swedish / inter forum. diskusforum.se
    No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions

Registered Member

i love those flamingos!!! very nice shape!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast