ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discus get together in Milpitas CA.

Registered Member

Default Discus get together in Milpitas CA.

Hi everyone it's been awhile since our last get together, Si asked me to start up a meeting to see how's everyone is doing. I believe my good buddy Rick can host our meeting at his place. So let me know who's interested. The date and time have not been schedule; I'm thinking weekend will work best for everyone.

Thanks,
    Hank
    Last edited by musediscus; 03-28-2010 at 03:13 AM.
    knowledge come from experience

Registered Member

Unhappy Re: Discus get together in Milpitas CA.

Hank, Rick
    you guys are rock, let me know Date and time, and I will be there.
    Meantime I" ll spread the word
    thanks, si

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus get together in Milpitas CA.

Hello guys,

I will try to be there too.

I have some extra formalin 3 that I can share with everyone for free of charge..... ( bought a big 5 gallons container.)

Pls let me know about the time.....

May be we can invite KENNY and Mr CLIFF YOUNG to be the main speakers ???

It could be great to learn from them about artificial-raise fry or Discus husbandry.

Perry

Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of Discus breeders from BAD(http://badiscus.3.forumer.com) that is interested selling their large glass tanks, but can't bring them to the meeting because of
    the size. I suggested a drive around swap meet to different Discus keepers.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Hi guys I am also interested in meeting let me know time and place and I will be there and Kenny and cliff would be a great choice.Thanks Rick

Registered Member

Angry Re: Discus get together in Milpitas CA.

Hey everyone I met another knowledgeable discus breeder in the Bay Area. well he's back into breeding discus again... maybe I can email him and get him to meet you guys. special surprise!!!! Hint he's from Dick Au and Cliff Young generation. Do you think you know this person????

There's something about this hobby that we can seem to get away from; its either a long or a short break but never permanent.

Here a question for everyone, who has been in and out of this hobby or just started? what is it about discus that fascinate you the most?

Hank

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by musediscus View Post
    Hey everyone I met another knowledgeable discus breeder in the Bay Area. well he's back into breeding discus again... maybe I can email him and get him to meet you guys. special surprise!!!! Hint he's from Dick Au and Cliff Young generation. Do you think you know this person????

There's something about this hobby that we can seem to get away from; its either a long or a short break but never permanent.

Here a question for everyone, who has been in and out of this hobby or just started? what is it about discus that fascinate you the most?

Hank
    Hi Hank,
    Dick's and my generation, making us sound older then 29 and someone in the Bay Area, could
    be one of San Jose's biggest Discus breeder Alan Yee, my partner at SF's Discus Study Group. I did talk to Alan a couple of months ago, and he mention some new people that
    he had met.

Cliff

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Hi Hank,
    Dick's and my generation, making us sound older then 29

Cliff
    Hahahaha, with age comes wisdom, that my friend is something priceless. I'm pretty sure a lot of us would give up a few years to you in return for some of the stuff you know. Yeah, your right... its Alan Yee, why did you go and spoil the fun young man!!! I don't think anyone but you would know. I don't think a lot of people know Alan, so I think it’s a great opportunity to introduce him if I can get him to come out.

Hank

Registered Member

that's awesome Hank, heard about him but never met him in person
    it's great to meet some discus enthusiasts and breeder so bring him out hehehe

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by musediscus View Post
    Hahahaha, with age comes wisdom, that my friend is something priceless. I'm pretty sure a lot of us would give up a few years to you in return for some of the stuff you know. Yeah, your right... its Alan Yee, why did you go and spoil the fun young man!!! I don't think anyone but you would know. I don't think a lot of people know Alan, so I think it’s a great opportunity to introduce him if I can get him to come out.

Hank
    hey Cliff
    for sure i wont give up even a year for the stuff that you know, but instead, some dim sum and tea in Chinatown for some of the old trick huh ??? haha

Registered Member

Si man, hahaha you're just saying that cuz you know you're climbing up there. JK. So what happen to all of the local members in here, I guess people are busy these days. Hey Si maybe you can upload some pictures of your pairs to get people excited. you still having shown me all of your pairs yet.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by discusvast View Post
    hey Cliff
    for sure i wont give up even a year for the stuff that you know, but instead, some dim sum and tea in Chinatown for some of the old trick huh ??? haha
    Hi Si,
    Ok, I'm game, we can visit some of the fish shops at Chinatown too.

Cliff

Registered Member

I don't think a lot of people know Alan, so I think it’s a great opportunity to introduce him if I can get him to come out.

Hank[/QUOTE]

Hi Hank,
    Alan had a Fish Shop(s) in the San Jose Area before the dotcom period. In his fishshop
    he had local bred Discus in the backroom, so he was a local Discus supplier to many LFS's as
    to many hobbyist. He is very well know to some of the older LFS owners and old time Discus
    breeders.

Cliff

Registered Member

hahahah Cliff I forget to mention not well known to people who are into discus world recently. other then that, like you a lot of people heard and met him before.

Registered Member

Hey, Hank
    believed it or not, I am at no where to breeding discus, always surprise you, always something to challenge you
    I will try to up-load some pictures of the pairs that i am working on. People are busy this day, so come on discus gang haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast