AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese teas help..

Real Name
    Walter

Default Re: Chinese teas help..

Here's a teashop where they were selling the "monkey picked tea" (which is the photo of the packaged tea).

Walter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Walter

I quite like my tea I have some very nice teas at the moment, my favourite just now is a Darjeeling Badamtam 1st flush (2000), which is rather slpendid. Very delicate of flavour yet very full flavoured (sorry best I can do ).
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Thanks Everyone,

You've given me quite a few suggestions both publically and privately on these teas...I've got a lot to try out now.

Walter, Those are great photos thanks for sharing them!

Thanks again all!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Francis

The Monkey Picked Oolong Tea is expensive.......just like eating Asian desert like Swallow Nest..but worth trying...

Quote Originally Posted by diamond_discus View Post
    Al :
    I don't used pre-bagged teabags either. I usually go to local chinese tea house and try out different type of teas before I buy a can. I only know the tea in Chinese but I found this website in English : http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Teas.../Chinese-Teas/

I would recommend the following two :
    1. Monkey Picked Oolong Tea

2. Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls Green

The pearls type tea is also fun. The dry tea leaves were rolled up into tiny balls. When you put them into hot water, the balls will unfold, releasing a tiny air bubble.
    -Larry
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Have to say you guys all helped me out with the info here....been interesting trying to get a better understanding of a complex subject like these teas.

Also have to say...Thank You Kenny for the wonderful samples of several teas you sent to me to try... much appreciated there my friend!

best regards all,
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Wow... what a great day today was...

Yesterday was my birthday... and Amazon dropped the ball on the gift my wife got me..... but UPS got it here today... Its a beautiful cast iron Japanese teapot and set of Cups for brewing tea in..... so that was great just with that.... then the doorbell rings and Fedex ground delivers me a box.. This one has Tea in it..."Monkey Picked" tea to try, compliments of Kenny! Unbelieavably Perfect timing... and as for the tea... Amazing..I really like it alot.....At this moment I'm enjoying my new tea brewed in my new teapot out of my new Tea cup....

Thanks again Kenny!

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post

Yesterday was my birthday... and Amazon dropped the ball on the gift my wife got me..... but UPS got it here today... Its a beautiful cast iron Japanese teapot and set of Cups for brewing tea in..... so that was great just with that.... then the doorbell rings and Fedex ground delivers me a box.. This one has Tea in it..."Monkey Picked" tea to try, compliments of Kenny! Unbelieavably Perfect timing... and as for the tea... Amazing..I really like it alot.....At this moment I'm enjoying my new tea brewed in my new teapot out of my new Tea cup....

Thanks again Kenny!

-al

Nice Al, sounds like it all came together! Love those cast iron Japanese tea pots, very nicely designed/made. Monkey picked tea does sound interesting. Will have to try some one day.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Thats a nice surprise !
    did u decide which is yr favorite tea Al? im in to coffee 24/7 , but ones in a while like to sip on a cup of mild tea

Quote Originally Posted by vlam View Post
    Al

If you are referring to the lighter color tea that are usually serves at Chinese restaurant (espcially dim sum), it's call Pu-erh Chrysanthemum
    this one is my fav at Chinese restaurant
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Hi Vera,

I'm a die -hard coffee Drinker myself... I love my coffee... when I was in college I used to wear a button on my jacket that said "coffee is god"

But, over the years I had the pleasure of making some friends in the area that introduced me to Asian teas...Which I was surprised I liked because I never could take to the English Teas...even with milk or sugar.

At this point I really am enjoying Jasmine teas...especially the one Kenny sent me the smell alone is just amazing...Its a mild tea flavor wise and I could drink it all day long. We have a Green house out here called Logees thats an old established one and it has a huge Jasmine that flowers in it in the winter time... Its such a heady feeling when you walk in there..and this tea reminds of it.

I also really like this monkey picked tea.....Its a very enjoyable one and I think it is fast becoming my favorite.

take care,
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-01-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Hey Al...my sis got me hooked on the Jasmine teas. BIG coffee drinker here, but have been drinking a lot of teas lately. Also bought the cast iron tea pot and cups. We have a place by us called TEAVANA..is EVERYTHING you need for tea. Big selection of teas, pots, cups, ect. I actually like a Blueberry and Jasmine tea they have the best...Bill

Hi Vera,

I'm a die -hard coffee Drinker myself... I love my coffee... when I was in college I used to wear a button on my jacket that said "coffee is god"

But, over the years I had the pleasure of making some friends in the area that introduced me to Asian teas...Which I was surprised I liked because I never could take to the English Teas...even with milk or sugar.

At this point I really am enjoying Jasmine teas...especially the one Kenny sent me the smell alone is just amazing...Its a mild tea flavor wise and I could drink it all day long. We have a Green house out here called Logees thats an old established one and it has a huge Jasmine that flowers in it in the winter time... Its such a heady feeling when you walk in there..and this tea reminds of it.

I also really like this monkey picked tea.....Its a very enjoyable one and I think it is fast becoming my favorite.

take care,
    al
    LOL Al -coffee forever
    i shall try Jasmin tea -sounds like heaven , not sure , if i can put my hands on monkey picked tea tho ' , is it mild as well?

Tnx
    Natalia

Hi Vera,

is it mild as well?
    I wouldn't say its strong as far as the teas I have tried, but compared to coffee..its mild. If I had to describe the Monkey picked teas in my own words...Its drier tasting...almost like the difference between a cabernet Red wine and a shiraz or malbec if you like wines..

I like the dry taste.

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Will you be changing your name to Teamaster15?

Hi Vera,

I wouldn't say its strong as far as the teas I have tried, but compared to coffee..its mild. If I had to describe the Monkey picked teas in my own words...Its drier tasting...almost like the difference between a cabernet Red wine and a shiraz or malbec if you like wines..

I like the dry taste.

-al
    Thank u Al for info
    i love smell of red wine , but drink white any suggestions , if i can by this tea from online store plz
    Last edited by vera; 05-01-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Natalia

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

Thanks again Kenny!

-al
    Al, glad you like the Monkey Picked .. one of my favorite also .. Very nice of Kenny as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast