AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CO2 cylinder size

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: CO2 cylinder size

i'm sorry i can't help you uninstall that needle valve but i was going to say to swap out that solenoid while your at it. i think the Clippard one would do you better. the tank looks great btw. let us know how the swap goes. i believe i'm been held off on buying all of my co2 setup due to some unforeseen expenses. they are all car related, lol. i changed out a whole bunch of liquids and parts this weekend and found that i needed to change even more, including the water pump which will not be fun at all. there goes all my co2 setup money. I had my eye on this two stage Concoa regulator which Jason highly recommended here. oh well, story of my life!

when do you plan on setting everything up and running it?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    i'm sorry i can't help you uninstall that needle valve but i was going to say to swap out that solenoid while your at it. i think the Clippard one would do you better. the tank looks great btw. let us know how the swap goes. i believe i'm been held off on buying all of my co2 setup due to some unforeseen expenses. they are all car related, lol. i changed out a whole bunch of liquids and parts this weekend and found that i needed to change even more, including the water pump which will not be fun at all. there goes all my co2 setup money. I had my eye on this two stage Concoa regulator which Jason highly recommended here. oh well, story of my life!

when do you plan on setting everything up and running it?
    Yeah, spending money on stuff you don't expect is no fun ...

I can't spend any more money on this ... This solenoid will have to do! People at planted tank suggested I should run both needle valves, just open this one up and it acts like an elbow connector. I think I'll do that for now.

I'm not in a hurry. My tank looks like crap now. It's still driftwood with plants and some potted plants. But algae is rampant now. I have 3 juvies on QT now. I'll move them to the main tank first, then probably start experimenting with low levels of CO2, just to see how the fish react. It won't be till mid summer that I'm planning to redo my whole tank. Remove everything, bleach algae to hell, add sand and rescape everything. I'll be a lot of work .... having second thoughts already!

Just one thing. That regulator has CGA 580 fitting, so you'll need to replace it with CGA 320 to use it with CO2. Jason probably told you this already ...

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by waters10 View Post
    Yeah, spending money on stuff you don't expect is no fun ...

I can't spend any more money on this ... This solenoid will have to do! People at planted tank suggested I should run both needle valves, just open this one up and it acts like an elbow connector. I think I'll do that for now.

I'm not in a hurry. My tank looks like crap now. It's still driftwood with plants and some potted plants. But algae is rampant now. I have 3 juvies on QT now. I'll move them to the main tank first, then probably start experimenting with low levels of CO2, just to see how the fish react. It won't be till mid summer that I'm planning to redo my whole tank. Remove everything, bleach algae to hell, add sand and rescape everything. I'll be a lot of work .... having second thoughts already!

Just one thing. That regulator has CGA 580 fitting, so you'll need to replace it with CGA 320 to use it with CO2. Jason probably told you this already ...
    yeah, i was going to get the 320 fitting locally. but since I can no longer get it at this time i hope this seller has them when i do have it . i thinking taking your time like you plan on doing is the best way to introduce co2 into a tank. good luck

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Walter

Quote Originally Posted by waters10 View Post
    Cool! Since you had that regulator, let me ask you a question (and for others who might know the answer).

This is a picture showing the needle valve connected to the solenoid. I'd like to disconnect it. How do I do that? If I start rotating the needle valve, it'll hit the solenoid body!

This is a pic from the bottom of the solenoid. I've seen pics of solenoids that have that black solenoid body rotated. Do I have to remove those 4 screws to be able to rotate the solenoid? I have no idea what brand of solenoid this is ...

Any help would be great.

Sorry, I don't have a solenoid attached to mine - I run my CO2 24 x 7 in my tank.

Walter
    Walter

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    yeah, i was going to get the 320 fitting locally. but since I can no longer get it at this time i hope this seller has them when i do have it . i thinking taking your time like you plan on doing is the best way to introduce co2 into a tank. good luck
    I just checked that ebay item again, and the item is in my city! Such a coincidence ...

Yeah, taking the time is good and all, but I wish I had 2 tanks, so I could play with a planted tank without discus. But this will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahter View Post
    Sorry, I don't have a solenoid attached to mine - I run my CO2 24 x 7 in my tank.

Walter
    Ah yeah, I remember you said that. I'll run both needle valves for now. Probably easier.

Registered Member born2lovefish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wahter View Post
    Just keep in mind, that if you go aluminum, you have to pay the fee for the testing and finding a place to get it filled is a bit more difficult than the steel ones (because they want to just swap it rather than refill your tank). I think it costs about the same to have my 10 pound Aluminum CO2 cylinder refilled at the fire extinguisher place as it does to swap out the 20 pound steel CO2 cylinder at the welding shop.
    Not always true. I swap my 20lb aluminum tanks our for aluminum at a place here in Indianapolis. They also take care of hydrotesting, if it needs it at no cost. I only paid $18.50 per tank for me last 2.
    www.his-angelfish.webs.com

Registered Member born2lovefish's Avatar

I have 6 20 lb tanks and am considering getting a 50 lb aluminum tank for my large planted.
    www.his-angelfish.webs.com

So... where's the CO2 website for dummies?
    Anthony

Real Name
    Walter

Quote Originally Posted by inmisawa View Post
    http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/

Is a good place to start.

Walter
    Walter

Hey, Walter. Thanks! Wow, you're really into Discus! Great website
    Anthony

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by inmisawa View Post
    this is by far the best co2 write up i have found hands down! This single thread is the one that helped me fully understand co2.
    click here to see it

Cafepress.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234