AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My fish room

Default My fish room

I am at the planning point now. I settle on my new house April 23rd and need to get the layout planned out. I am building this room pretty much from scratch. i am going to utilize the water heater and furnace for there added heat. The room will be centrally heated using natural gas. This room will hold about 30 to 40 tanks. The tank sizes will be 16-75's, 6/7- 55's- 8-25's and a bunch of 5's,10's and 20's. I will not be using any systems here. The purpose of this room is efficiency in both heat and maintenance. All tanks will be drill with a drain line or two, leading to a 3" drain line. Water fill will be through plumbed water lines. My water storage is a 300 gal main tank and two 130 mixing tanks which will be filled each day for aging and adjusting, if needed. the 300 will be on a constant fill. each day i will fill both 130 for aging. My ro will be stored in one 55 gal tank and mixed as needed. This should give me enough water for my water changes. Some tanks will get heavy daily w/c and some light.This is my third fish room build but i know i will still need to work some bugs out. My water at the new house is about 7.1 at 200 tds. This will be a big change from my current tap at 375 tds. Better on my ro but i think i will be adding some minerals for grow out. I will be setting up a separate area not attached to this room where my qt tanks will go. I will still keep my 180 and 220 display tanks in the living areas but they will be wilds(hopefully). I am very excited about this build. i have a different objective on this one then in the past. if i do this room right it should not take me more then 1 hour a day to change and maintain these tanks, which will allow me more time to raise fry and enjoy why i am in this hobby. I hope you enjoy
    [IMG] [/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: My fish room

Looks like a nice plan Kenny! Do you think that the amount of water storage will be sufficient? I have no idea but I'm curious since I only have 10 tanks and change 375 gallons daily.

Keep us updated on everything!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Looks like a nice plan Kenny! Do you think that the amount of water storage will be sufficient? I have no idea but I'm curious since I only have 10 tanks and change 375 gallons daily.

Keep us updated on everything!

Eddie
    Eddie,
    as usual you are right on point. I have an area right next to the 300 gal tank which i could add another one if needed. I just wanted to get this up and running before adding anymore storage tanks. It depends on how fast the storage water gets up to temp. I could change 260 gal in the morning and 260 in the evening if it is heating up fast enough and stable. I will not know until it is running. There is a lot of factors i need to consider before making that discussion. I appreciate the feed back.

Thanks Kenny

Real Name
    Ricardo

Can't wait to see the finished product Kenny. Do a step by step thread If you can.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Can't wait to see the finished product Kenny. Do a step by step thread If you can.
    Ricardo,
    i will do my best to update every step of the way. Hopefully they will be all steps in the right direction
    Kenny

Sound like good plan.Good luck Kenny, I will always looking forward some picture when you start them
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Thumbs up Re: My fish room

Wow, good luck!

One thing I don't see you mention is a working table and a sink. In a fishroom situation, I'd gladly sacrifice some tank space for them, small ones though. Maybe even a small sitting area too.
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

That's going to be a nice looking fish room. I wish I had the space for a room like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed13 View Post
    Wow, good luck!

One thing I don't see you mention is a working table and a sink. In a fishroom situation, I'd gladly sacrifice some tank space for them, small ones though. Maybe even a small sitting area too.
    Ed,
    there is a work area and wash sink right outside this room. I am not the sitting type. I wish i was but if i am in there i am working

Kenny

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Kenny,

Awesome looking plan...I will trade you some Wayne discus if you redesign and build out my fish room.

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Eddie,
    as usual you are right on point. I have an area right next to the 300 gal tank which i could add another one if needed. I just wanted to get this up and running before adding anymore storage tanks. It depends on how fast the storage water gets up to temp. I could change 260 gal in the morning and 260 in the evening if it is heating up fast enough and stable. I will not know until it is running. There is a lot of factors i need to consider before making that discussion. I appreciate the feed back.

Thanks Kenny
    Cool cool, totally understand, just wasn't sure. Its a plan and plans always have modifications or improvements. Sounds like you've got it all worked out. Great work my friend, very envious!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Love watching a plan come together,look forward to following your progress !

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Ed,
    there is a work area and wash sink right outside this room. I am not the sitting type. I wish i was but if i am in there i am working

Kenny
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Looks great Kenny... can't wait to come and see the live version.

-Best of luck with everything!

Real Name
    Francis

Nice looking fish room Kenny.....better off having the largest water storage tanks perhaps two 400 gallons should do the trick......I am planning to get this storage tank.....it's fits through most doors

http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?item=82
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast