ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pepsi

Default Re: Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by jball1125 View Post
    No more pepsi for me. America was built on Christian beliefs. Yet people still migrated here from all over the world. Why are we not sticking to our roots and what has helped make this country so great. If anyone does not like the beliefs of this country they have the liberty to express them selves differently but don't try to change us. If you don't like it then perhaps you can find another place that will give you the freedom of religion you found here.

In God we trust.
    If you read your history you may find that America was founded on intolerance. The "pilgrim fathers" left England because of their intolerance for other 'lesser' puritans.
    The "under god" part of the pledge of allegiance was not added until the 1950's, by of all people, McCarthy, as an anti communist gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Thats because in Brazil they use real cane sugar, in the US they use corn syrup. If you goto ethnic stores and buy the glass bottle coke it is usually cane sugar and tastes much sweeter. Also rots your teeth faster.

Or look for any of the "throw back" special edition sodas.
    Ah, learn something every day! But shouldn't that affect both brands?

I gotta say, Pepsi in Brazil used to taste awful in the past, 10-15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    If you read your history you may find that America was founded on intolerance. The "pilgrim fathers" left England because of their intolerance for other 'lesser' puritans.
    The "under god" part of the pledge of allegiance was not added until the 1950's, by of all people, McCarthy, as an anti communist gesture.
    You do like these controversial discussions, don't you? Just giving you a hard time ...

Have a Wild Turkey 101 and Coke in USA -
    Have a Wild Turkey 101 and Coke in Mexico -
    The more sugar in the Coke makes a better drink.
    That is how I know they make a better coke.
    When I go to the Ohio Extravaganza Cichlid convention , the whole hotel only sells Pepsi . Now , have you ever heard someone asking for a Rum and Pepsi ??? it is always Rum and Coke !!
    Oh my GOD !

Roberto.

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Have a Wild Turkey 101 and Coke in USA -
    Have a Wild Turkey 101 and Coke in Mexico -
    The more sugar in the Coke makes a better drink.
    That is how I know they make a better coke.
    When I go to the Ohio Extravaganza Cichlid convention , the whole hotel only sells Pepsi . Now , have you ever heard someone asking for a Rum and Pepsi ??? it is always Rum and Coke !!
    Oh my GOD !

Roberto.
    We just ask for a rumbo here, the rum is the important part

Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post

Just for clarification... are you talking about the Puritans, or the Pilgrims leaving England? Niether group founded America.
    Last edited by Condor; 04-21-2010 at 08:00 AM.
    Phillipians 4:4-7

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Thats because in Brazil they use real cane sugar, in the US they use corn syrup. If you goto ethnic stores and buy the glass bottle coke it is usually cane sugar and tastes much sweeter. Also rots your teeth faster.

Or look for any of the "throw back" special edition sodas.
    Maybe, But high fructose corn syrup,used in USA is a KILLER for your Cardio/vascular system. Heart attack, stroke...other ****.
    I haven't changed the Discus world!

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Good point...My mother was 37 1/2 % comanche so will all of you SOB's kindly leave my country?

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Just for clarification... are you talking about the Puritans, or the Pilgrims leaving England? Niether group founded America.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jball1125 View Post
    No more pepsi for me. America was built on Christian beliefs. Yet people still migrated here from all over the world. Why are we not sticking to our roots and what has helped make this country so great. If anyone does not like the beliefs of this country they have the liberty to express them selves differently but don't try to change us. If you don't like it then perhaps you can find another place that will give you the freedom of religion you found here.

In God we trust.
    Interesting post......
    I have it on good authority, historically, that America was built on not just 'Christian beliefs', my friend...that is at best a bit myopic. Our roots, aka as the melting pot of the planet, means that: our ancestors, our relatives, we ALL built this place and it is the only country on the planet as diverse religiously, ethnically, spiritually, racially, and culturally as one geographic place can be. Our roots are not singular, they are multidimensional, which gives us the strength and vision we have on so many levels. THe beauty of the thing is that because of our expansive make up and our democratic principles, we do not actually, as citizens, have just one [Christian] set of beliefs; change comes from many corners if you choose to embrace it. For the 'everyman' individual living in the US, Live and let live--believe whatever suits you, you don't need to move, you just need to peacefully move over and let the next guy have some space too and try not to cop an attitude [i.e., THEY ARE US]...I think it's a good idea to keep your mind and your heart open. [Of course Before the Christians got here, rumor has it there were indiginous populations here...before the hostile take over by....the Puritans? The Christians? and before we called it America...different conversation. Just saying.]
    All this from Hans' joke over Pepsi? Wow, we're deep. I know I am poking this with a stick, oh well.
    Best regards,
    Harriett
    Harriett

This reminds me of a story done by a local TV reporter a while back. She collected DNA samples of ten different so called "white people", and sent them off for testing. The results showed all ten "white people" were made up of different races. Turns out, there is no such thing as a pure race. Amazing stuff. Goes to show that race purists are "full of it". We're truly all the same, just in different percentages.
    Last edited by Darrell Ward; 04-21-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Darrell

Excellent points Live and let live ...... just leave me and my discus alone! LOL

Real Name
    Ricardo

I think the issue that needs to be addressed is soda consumption. It is so bad for you and the little ones. Ive been trying to cut back and i must admit, I feel much better when I do not have 2-3 sodas a day.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I think the issue that needs to be addressed is soda consumption. It is so bad for you and the little ones. Ive been trying to cut back and i must admit, I feel much better when I do not have 2-3 sodas a day.
    Have a coke and a smile and shut the f%*$ up(Eddie Murphy Raw 1987 anyone?) LOL....
    Last edited by MGM83; 04-22-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Hmmmmm I think I drink 8 to 12 Cokes a day (at least) lol with a few Oranges in between.

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

I'm a teacher, and I fondly remember a kid in one of my 9th grade biology classes about 3 years ago going into thermonuclear meltdown because I wouldn't let him go to the soda machine for another Coke during class...it would have been his SEVENTH that day alone. Even better was his 3-day suspension that followed, during which time he sat in a cubicle-like isolation desk and was allowed NO soda at all...must have been pure torture for the poor lad

Colin
    P.S. Yes, Coke tastes different in different countries, it's formulated differently to suit local tastes. My American wife is a Coke drinker (funny since she is actually from Ohio where they all seem to drink Pepsi) and when she visited me in Scotland, she didn't like it and complained endlessly about it until I said "You are in Scotland. Shut the **** up and drink your beer, Woman"

In a few stores in my area this year, they are selling "throwback" sodas with original looking labels, and made with real sugar. I've tried the Mountain Dew, and Pepsi, and it tastes like it did when I was six. The drinks do not taste as sweet as the modern ones made with corn syrup. Tastes much better IMO.
    Darrell

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast