ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigars? any afficianados out there?

Default Cigars? any afficianados out there?

Well I am Psyched... Have some nice cigars on their way to stock up the old humidor... A bit of an early Birthday Present to myself... I don't smoke cigars all the time, but I enjoy a good cigar once in while.(emphasis on GOOD cigars)...Coupled with a glass of dry red wine, glass of whiskey or good homebrew....The combination is unbeatable.Worst vice I have...none the less..I enjoy them.

Anyone else?

This cigar order has a few gems on it...foremost is an Ashton.. I've always enjoyed Ashtons, but I recently tried an upscale version..

Ashton VSG (virgin sun grown) and this cigar is awesome....Just a great cigar.... expensive but WOWWW.

Also have some CAO blacks, Diesels, and H upmans on the list as box fillers.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Cigars? any afficianados out there?

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Well I am Psyched... Have some nice cigars on their way to stock up the old humidor... A bit of an early Birthday Present to myself... I don't smoke cigars all the time, but I enjoy a good cigar once in while.(emphasis on GOOD cigars)...Coupled with a glass of dry red wine, glass of whiskey or good homebrew....The combination is unbeatable.Worst vice I have...none the less..I enjoy them.

Anyone else?

This cigar order has a few gems on it...foremost is an Ashton.. I've always enjoyed Ashtons, but I recently tried an upscale version..

Ashton VSG (virgin sun grown) and this cigar is awesome....Just a great cigar.... expensive but WOWWW.

Also have some CAO blacks, Diesels, and H upmans on the list as box fillers.

-al
    Yes, me!!!! Macanudo Ascots are my faves. Imported cigars are so expensive that when I order I'm chicken to try others. In my next order I think I'll give some of the ones you mentioned a try.
    Mama Bear

One of my wifes Favorite Pics of me ..leisure time at the lake fishing...It doesn't get much better than that!

-al
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Hi Liz,
    Those CAO blacks and Diesels are really bold flavors...great smokes...

The Ashtons are great all around , especially if you like macanudo....One that you should try for sure is marketed thru CigarsInternational.com
    called 5vegas..Try the classic or the Gold..... extremely well priced and an excellent smoke.

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Francis

I also enjoyed my times in Hong Kong smoking Cohiba cigars with JW Blue label.....good old times
    Grasshopper
    Francis

It will be a month before I order again. I have always used FamousSmokeShop.com. I'll use your CigarsInternational next time and try the Ashton VGS and 5Vegas. Thanks for the recomedations.
    Mama Bear

Cohibas are my favourites. We can get Cuban cigars here in Canada. But quite expensive at $25 each. Works out to about a $1 a puff. Upmans are quite nice as well and reasonably priced. During the summer I spend most of the weekend doing yard work. At the end of the day I just sit back with a good cigar and a single malt.
    Ahh La Dolce Vita.

Registered Member

hi i like a good cuban may have some coming in a week or so dennis

currently smoking...

Fonseca Cubano Viso Fuerte
    Tatuaje
    Camacho Scorpion
    Perdomo Lot 23

Favorite cigar - Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage...dream cigar for me!
    Favorite cigar beverage - JW Blue

Somking at this moment...Camacho...

Life is good! I have a wholesale account via work with Holts Cigars...

Rodrigo

In Europe we do get Cuban cigars, I must admit I do like the Cohibas, just close to that would be the Davidoff (excellent cigar).

Favourite drink .... well being in France and all that, gotta be a large Cognac V.S.O.P..

This is the way it's done in the land of DeGaulle :after a large Sunday lunch (preferably 6 coursres), a glass in one hand and a cigar in the other. You gently swirl the cognac about in a miniature goldfish bowl (oaky it's called a glass but it doesn't look like one), slowly you raise the temperature of the cognace to that of your body through the contact of your hand on the glass. Gently sniff in the aromas from the cognac, take a gentle drag on you cigar .... pure unadulterated pleasure !

Registered Member

You JW Blue drinkers should step up to a quality single malt for half the price. Blue label is nice to show off, but there's better to be had for a lot less $$$.

/slips in to flame retardant suit.

I'll stick with good old weak American beer...Drink all day with little effect
    Mama Bear

In Europe we do get Cuban cigars, I must admit I do like the Cohibas, just close to that would be the Davidoff (excellent cigar).

Favourite drink .... well being in France and all that, gotta be a large Cognac V.S.O.P..

This is the way it's done in the land of DeGaulle :after a large Sunday lunch (preferably 6 coursres), a glass in one hand and a cigar in the other. You gently swirl the cognac about in a miniature goldfish bowl (oaky it's called a glass but it doesn't look like one), slowly you raise the temperature of the cognace to that of your body through the contact of your hand on the glass. Gently sniff in the aromas from the cognac, take a gentle drag on you cigar .... pure unadulterated pleasure !
    Lol Erik!!...love the technique...but ...If it were me in France (someday)...I'd be modifying that technique slightly...removing the Cognac from the process (oh boy Bad Bad memories with that one) and replace with some fine Dry French Red wines and that my friend is my version of one form of pure unadulterated Pleasure!

all the best,
    al

ps...cigar heaven was reached...package recieved!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Much as I love a good XO Cognac I would stick to a single malt.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Much as I love a good XO Cognac I would stick to a single malt.
    LOL, okay if it's an Islay, or even better how about a Highland Park ?

Hey, Al , if ever you are in France, give me a shout. I'll take you to Normandy where we can seriously indulge in this little pleasure !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast