AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 8.5" Royal Solomon's, Wattley turq's...Jordan Hatcheries is FULLY STOCKED !!!

Default Re: 8.5" Royal Solomon's, Wattley turq's...Jordan Hatcheries is FULLY STOCKED !!!

Thanks!

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: 8.5" Royal Solomon's, Wattley turq's...Jordan Hatcheries is FULLY STOCKED !!!

Those look super nice. Still have that old school almost cobalt look to them. Definently going to free up some room for these in the future.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Those look super nice. Still have that old school almost cobalt look to them. Definently going to free up some room for these in the future.
    Yep. There's something very noble about the Original Wattley that ALWAYS caught my eye ! In fact, I was just looking at some of my older Discus books drooling over some of the "original / retro " lines.This is why I'm dealing in the F1's and this line. They may not all be perfect , cookie cutter copies of each other, but they'll represent the best of what mother nature intended !

Very nice fish, those Wattley's look alot like some of Han's Flachen. Love the color.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Very nice fish, those Wattley's look alot like some of Han's Flachen. Love the color.
    Really, it should be ....'those Han's Flachen look a lot like the Wattleys' :-) Don't forget, the Wattleys and German Cobalt's are basically the predecessor to almost everything ( in that Brilliant class to be more specific ) There's no doubt that there is SOME Wattley blood in those and many many fish we see offered today ( Reflection D , etc etc ) . However, they still are not the original or PURE, and that was what I was after :-) To me, it's kinda like saying..." Do you want a replica Rolex or do you want the real thing "...LOL

With the Asian fish I agree that Wattley was their inspiration and the source of many fish. As for European strains I know there was a lot of discus breeders that shared their stock and secrets with Wattley, at least according to written info in some discus books. Can't say for sure who was first because I really don't know????

Luckey for us they all make todays fish, and those of tomorrow all the better.
    Mark

Picture 643.jpgPicture 644.jpgHi All,

Hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday season :-)

Thought I'd let everyone know on a thread that introduced them originally.....I am taking orders on the Wattleys :-) I am getting small "starter" spawns, but I think / Hope I'll be able to handle the orders that come in !

I would ask that if you are interested, please contact me DIRECT at; dtb.jordan@shaw.ca WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER please.

Here are pictures of the one pair
    Last edited by dalejordan; 12-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Registered Member

Those pictures bring back fond memories of when I was lucky enough to have some of Jack's finest.
    It really is a credit to you that you are leading the way in re-introducing the Wattley discus to people who have only seen them in books and magazines.

BTW, Happy new Year to you and your family Dale. I wish you every success for 2011 and beyond.

Aequifasciatus
    There are fish...there are beautiful fish... then there are discusfish

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011