AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.5" Royal Solomon's, Wattley turq's...Jordan Hatcheries is FULLY STOCKED !!!

Default Re: 8.5" Royal Solomon's, Wattley turq's...Jordan Hatcheries is FULLY STOCKED !!!

The Wattley fish are just babies....we've al seen them before :-)

But for one last "tickle" so to speak, here's a fish I'm going to be using for "my own" Red Turquoise. I'd like to get back to the ORIGINAL quality Red turquoise ....straight, thick striation, reminiscent to the TRUE Schmidt Focke red Turkis. This is only two or so steps from Wild and my only improvement will be to round it out a bit and try for a more uniform striation.

That's it for tonight all....hope you all enjoy :-) As always...here to help or answer any questions !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: 8.5" Royal Solomon's, Wattley turq's...Jordan Hatcheries is FULLY STOCKED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lkleung007 View Post
    Hey Dale,

Absolutely Stunning!!!!

Big and beautiful...love the blue striations on the body of the discus. Would love to see a pic of the female Solomon also...interested in what the heavy center bar looks like.

Thanks again for sharing pics of these beautiful wilds.

Lester
    Center bar is there in the males, but not as prominent ( fades in and out depending on mood ) As I've said in the past, these fish are NOT heckle crosses, that fifth bar is in their genetics !!!! So, we've all talked about heckle crosses and how their bar is lost after consecutive crossing...these will retain it. Eddies crosses are a great example !!!

Ooo......those wattley originals are wicked Dale! Man, I cannot wait to see them fill out and breed with the Solomons!

Take care,
    Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Ricardo

I have no words...if you send some fry over to the US, put me down for a few please

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I have no words...if you send some fry over to the US, put me down for a few please
    Hey Ricardo, why not take the whole cake and be the US representative for Dale's discus. WISH I WAS IN THE STATES!!!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Completely amazing Dale! They are some of the nicest wilds I've ever seen and monsterous too! The male next to the other fish shows their insane size!

This female is easily my favorite, would love to have some of her offspring!

Looks like you've got a killer collection to work with, very envious!

Take care,

Eddie
    My fav too, if I could only have a nice group of fish like this one....

These guys are big too, are the Solomon discus consistently this large or is Oliver getting Dale exceptional out of the norm fish
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Eddie, those RT's are NOT Wattley !! They are originally Inanu bloodlines. So, I'm going to "round it out and fill out the striations" to FIX it as a Red turq. Here is a picture of the true Wattley bloodline

Ed13, Lago Solomon is genetically a large fish ( or has the capabilities to be :-)

And those of you who like the center bar, that is my MAIN goal with these fish. Yes, you can get the fully striated , center bar ( remember this fish ) SO....hopefully, we'll have a nice fixed , center bared MONSTER royal soon ( going to bust a nut trying...LOL )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dalejordan View Post
    Here's BIG MAMA :-) She's a 8.5 "long and 2"+ thick Solomon , center bar female. To give you and idea how robust these fish are, I've included a picture of her with a 6" Cuipeua ....get the idea with a "normal" fish as reference ??

"Look at the size of that thing!"

Registered Member

Gorgeous fish, Dale. The Solomons are quite exceptional- Oliver clearly has the connections to bring in the best. He's probably pleased that they're now in your hands.

The fact that they're so large begs the question of nature vs nurture- Obviously, genetics are a major factor, but lago Solomon has to be really prime discus habitat for them to reach their potential...

From the one pic, the shape of the red female reminds me of the shape of a lot of tefe fish, even though she's obviously not that...

How are my Japuras doing, btw? I say "my" jokingly, because I nearly bought them, but chose to go in a different direction, which hasn't worked out very well so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
    Gorgeous fish, Dale. The Solomons are quite exceptional- Oliver clearly has the connections to bring in the best. He's probably pleased that they're now in your hands.

The fact that they're so large begs the question of nature vs nurture- Obviously, genetics are a major factor, but lago Solomon has to be really prime discus habitat for them to reach their potential...

From the one pic, the shape of the red female reminds me of the shape of a lot of tefe fish, even though she's obviously not that...

How are my Japuras doing, btw? I say "my" jokingly, because I nearly bought them, but chose to go in a different direction, which hasn't worked out very well so far...
    I think it's genetics :-)

That red female is the Lago Y-07. Yes, once in a while those "long heads" pop out. HOWEVER, as I said in the post, it's the red and fifth bar I was after. Crossed with the proper male that may completely disappear...it is worth a shot !!! :-)

Your Japuras are doing great ..tee hee. I have a KILLER male crossed out with a "wattley type" to possibly use as a "strengthener" for my original Wattley line. The Japuras have shown no signs of anything as of yet :-(

Real Name
    Matt

Oh my god! AMAZING Quality fish! Wow, I need to move to Canada.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by dalejordan View Post
    Eddie, those RT's are NOT Wattley !! They are originally Inanu bloodlines. So, I'm going to "round it out and fill out the striations" to FIX it as a Red turq. Here is a picture of the true Wattley bloodline

Ed13, Lago Solomon is genetically a large fish ( or has the capabilities to be :-)

And those of you who like the center bar, that is my MAIN goal with these fish. Yes, you can get the fully striated , center bar ( remember this fish ) SO....hopefully, we'll have a nice fixed , center bared MONSTER royal soon ( going to bust a nut trying...LOL )
    My bad Dale, thought that was a young Wattley. The one you said is Wattley looks ALOT like my Blue Turq from Watanabe. Wonder what bloodlines are in my Blue Turq. I need to ask Watanabe about it. Killer fish man, your breeding stock are exceptional.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Dale,
    My hats off to you great looking discus to build once again I am in awe of your presence.You know how to pick them.I would love to get some fully straited fifth bar fry.Keep us posted!I am eager to see the Wattleys come as well.
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Registered Member

Awesome Dale! I am simply speechless to see these specimens!

Registered Member

Well Dale it was more than worth the wait. Just amazing colors on these fish.Do you need a distributor out west lol.
    Laurence

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast