AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 1" Fry

Default 1" Fry

They are still only wanting to eat live BBS...won't touch FBW or FDBW...never mnd any thing else.
    What do you all feed at that size?
    How do you switch them over to real food?

Thanks

Lisa

Default Re: 1" Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa01 View Post
    They are still only wanting to eat live BBS...won't touch FBW or FDBW...never mnd any thing else.
    What do you all feed at that size?
    How do you switch them over to real food?

Thanks

Lisa
    I feed crushed flakes, seafood mix (finely pureed) and ground Freeze Dried Black worms. I grind the Freeze Dried Black Worms in a coffee grinder to a small enough size. Depending on the size of the fry, I grind the worms longer.

All the best!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Most of the time my fry have already started pecking at their parents beef heart before I pull them. After a day or so from the parents they know when I am about to feed BBS and get real active. I cut some BH very, very fine and put in the tank about 5 min before I put in the BBS. By the time they are 1 inch their main diet is BH. The only BBS they get is the left overs from feeding the smaller fry.

-john

I start adding powdered flake with the bbs around two weeks, or even earlier for a big spawn that eats well. Once they start eating the bbs and flake from the bottom, I give them very finely shaved bh mix to pick at. By one month they are eating the bh and bbs, then I start offering finely shaved FBW and FBS. Often they have already started eating bits of FBS from their parents feedings.
    Kacey