AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: marineland steath heaters

Default Re: marineland steath heaters

I had great luck with the Stealths for the last four years or so when I began using them and I swore by them. However, they all seem to have developed problems at the same time. Some stick on and some won't turn on. I watch my temperatures pretty carefully so it hasn't resulted in a serious problem. Marineland replaced them, but one of the new-model replacements blew out. I was using a new one in my water barrel and the water level fell below the heater during a wc. They are supposed to turn off when out of water but this one didn't. It blew a crack in the side when I began to refill the barrel, and the heater was incredibly hot. The whole upstairs smelled like burned...something.

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

While I like the light on the new Stealth Pro, this new design only goes up to 86 degree. The original Stealth would go to 92 .. This is the only reason why I would with Jagar if I were to buy new heater. But for the time being, I will continue using both heaters. I do have some bad Stealth heaters to be returned for replacement (new and old designs). I also has one bad Jagar to be returned for replacement as well ...

Just a little update. They received my two defective heaters on the 5th. I inquired on the 11th about them. Marineland does not expect to have 250w Stealths available until Aug./Sept. Maybe a slow boat?

In the meantime they have sent two Visitherm Deluxes in the place of the Stealths. When the Stealths become avaliable again, they will be sending me those two as well. I thought that this was a good compromise and I am pleased with Marineland's effort.

Joe

Real Name
    Willie

Wish I had read this post earlier, but had an almost new Stealth Pro blow up in my tank as well. The heaters were less than a month old. I heard a loud bang, rang over and saw the 150W heater in three pieces. The head with the pretty light was covered with 4 - 5 bodies of Cories. Fortunately, I had no discus in the tank.

The tank is a 58 Gal Oceanic and was intact. So I was very lucky. After that, I replaced all my Stealth Pro's with old fashioned Visitherms.

I've been using the Stealths for quite a while and just bought the Pro version recently to try them out. Now I know, if it ain't broke...

Willie

they blow because they overheat out of the water?
    I do what I must do, to do what I wish to do!
    dominik

Registered Member underwaterforest's Avatar

I had one smoke and then pop open but I was fast enough to grab it before it did damage to the tank. Now I am using the Jagers and they seem to work well and I turn off all heaters at each WC since mine are above the WC line.
    Alex 92 Gallon Discus Corner Tank, 55 gallon Discus Grow Up Tank, 20 gallon Shrimp/Plant Tank, 36 Gallon Corner Planted/Fish Tank, 29 Gallon Breeding Tank

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by dbfzurowski View Post
    they blow because they overheat out of the water?
    No, mine blew up while fully submerged in a 58 gallon tank. There was no water change going on.

Willie

Quote Originally Posted by jacjoe View Post
    Just a little update. They received my two defective heaters on the 5th. I inquired on the 11th about them. Marineland does not expect to have 250w Stealths available until Aug./Sept. Maybe a slow boat?

In the meantime they have sent two Visitherm Deluxes in the place of the Stealths. When the Stealths become avaliable again, they will be sending me those two as well. I thought that this was a good compromise and I am pleased with Marineland's effort.

Joe
    Well, as of yesterday, I still have not received any replacement heaters. It has been two weeks since they received my defectives back. I contacted them again for a tracking number and not only have they not sent the Visitherms as promised, now they tell me that they are out of stock on the Visitherms too.

I withdraw both my previous applause and future support of this company.

Joe

Registered Member

I think they are completely out of stock in the 250 watt models, the guy at the LFS said he wont be able to get any until near the end of July...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12