ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1700 gallon Stingray River

Registered Member

Default Re: 1700 gallon Stingray River

Wowwowwowee!!!! I absolutely love it and envy anyone who gets the priviledge of viewing it personally!!! I have a hard enough time peeling myself away from my 80 gallon Discus tank....if your tank was in my home, I would never leave, and everything would be totally neglected...thank goodness my children are Easy Mac experts, lol! Truthfully, hats off to you!!! I never even imagined a home tank designed or looking like yours, and it is truly an inspiration...my wheels are defintely turning!!! Thank you for sharing your magnificent river, but I agree with everyone else...more pictures and definitely a video, please!!!!

Registered Member

truly stunning system you have. Do you any problem with humidly build up fogging the viewing panels? If you do how do you combat it?

Real Name
    David

that is absolutly crazy I love it!! I'm almost tempted to try it my self mini version of course but maybe not the frogs lol how did you plan such a monster project?

Registered Member

Amazing, I am speechless. I have never seen anything so amazing looks like I was transported to the Amazon.

Registered Member Exotic Aquatic's Avatar

Im blown away! would love the time to achieve something like that! I had something similar looking but less diverse in live stock a while back in an 8X2X2 (far less impressive dimensions)!!!

I will try and dig up photos, tank was half full, with protruding levels from the background& submerged rockscape, and stock was large male eastern water dragon, 4 large green tree frogs, 3 adult archers, and 5 subadult-adult endlicheri.

Lots of java, riccia, old mans beard, and some bromeliads, small nepenthis, and air plants (tilandsias) which actually died due to humidity and splashing.

Ill get the wife to find a pic, but really nothing compared to the scale of yours!

Yeah, that is amazing! Now that's someone dedicated to the hobby! Hopefully one day I can build something close. I did a quick search and found this one guy build a 50,000G tank! Now that's extreme. I think a 1700G is ambitious but still appropriate for a home. Not sure if I would even want to deal with the maintenance on a 50k tank.

The saltwater tank you had before that was amazing too! Too bad you couldn't have both
    Eric

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456