ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BayAreaDiscus(BAD) Meeting

Default Re: BayAreaDiscus(BAD) Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Dan,
    Congratulation you are the Winner of Dick Au's Trophy Discus Book,
    please send an pm to Tad with your address, he will then mail you the book.

Thanks for your donation and comming to our meeting,

Cliff
    Thanks Cliff, it's been a pleasure meeting you and some of the local SD members.
    Dan

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by superdiamond View Post
    Hi!I guess after talking to all the Discus's Hobbyist and looking at pictures of their prizes Discus. I thought that i knew everything about Discus,I am wrong! I really missed out on all those years! I really enjoyed the day talking to all the hobbyist,it was fun! I'm looking forward for another one possible going to a hobbyist home to see their prizes Discus and hanging out with them again. Thank you
    Hi Ray,
    A couple of years ago we went to a couple of Discus breeders hatchery, its a lot of fun.

Thanks for comming, still need to check out your 180's!

Cliff

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3DDiscus View Post
    I too enjoyed the get together, met the people who are really into discus in the Bay Area. I wish the afternoon could have gone on much longer. But even in such a short time, I've learned so much about the history of the discus hobby here and even got a few "secrets of the trade". Thanks to everyone who was so generous with their time to speak of their journey in the wonderful world of discus.

A big thanks to Cliff for organizing the evert, the pizza, and some freebies! Also a quick thanks to Al for providing samples of the delicious (at least to my discus) FBWs.

Can't wait till the next one.

David
    Hi David,
    Great meeting you, we had around 4 or 5 meetings already at the same place. Now you know some of the real stuff that went on in the past. Check out the BAD Website:
    http://badiscus.3.forumer.com/index.php?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by fishkeeper59 View Post
    hi all, sorry just got around to posting, been really busy at work, anyway it was great to finally put faces along with their avatar's together and meet the local discus hobbyist, thank you cliff for making it happen and the next time i will be more prepared to get some of your beautiful white butterflies, i really enjoyed all the knowledge shared. hopefully we can keep in touch thru B.A.D. thanks again...
    Hi Ben,
    I have not seen you for over 25 to 30 years, keep in touch and maybe next time
    Phil can join us.

Take Care!
    Cliff

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan1 View Post
    Thanks Cliff, it's been a pleasure meeting you and some of the local SD members.
    Hi Dan,
    The pleasure is mine, keep good care of those albinos, look foreward to seeing you
    in the future.

Take Care!
    Cliff

Cliff,

Yes, meeting some of the masters of discus was certainly an honor for me. After hearing of the BAD forum, I joined immediately and hope that all of us who live around the Bay Area will revived this site and make it a means for our unique community to share our passion for the "King" of tropical fish.

See you soon.

David

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Hi David,
    Great meeting you, we had around 4 or 5 meetings already at the same place. Now you know some of the real stuff that went on in the past. Check out the BAD Website:
    http://badiscus.3.forumer.com/index.php?

Registered Member

Just too bad that i have my saltwater fish in my 180,it should have been a discus tank instead! ill be at home tomorrow give me a call make sure leave message on my voice mail. Buy the way where is Dick Au speaking on June 2. take care ray
    Last edited by superdiamond; 06-02-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by superdiamond View Post
    Just too bad that i have my saltwater fish in my 180,it should have been a discus tank instead! ill be at home tomorrow give me a call make sure leave message on my voice mail. Buy the way where is Dick Au speaking on June 2. take care ray
    Hi Ray,
    Tomorrow, Thursday?,
    I will give you a call today, since I will be around S.S.F. near GenTech.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Registered Member

Here's some of the Discus that were at the meeting. Some local bred intermediate
    albinos and LeopardSnakeSkins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wish i could have been there. I hope to make the next one. ... would be nice to meet everyone.

rod

Hi cliff, so you do remember me, i have been racking my brain in trying to remember the first time we met, its been too long, way back in the early 80's, maybe you can shed some light, this old brain isnt quite what it use to.I think it was when i first got caught with the discus bug and looking around the S.F. area for OCEAN GREENS, i might have actually been to your place in the city. anyway thanks for organizing the meet i will keep in contact thru B.A.D.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinoysport View Post
    wish i could have been there. I hope to make the next one. ... would be nice to meet everyone.

rod
    Hi Rod,
    We usually have one BayAreaDiscus at least once a year , but you may still be able to attend the meeting at Milpitas.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 06-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by fishkeeper59 View Post
    Hi cliff, so you do remember me, i have been racking my brain in trying to remember the first time we met, its been too long, way back in the early 80's, maybe you can shed some light, this old brain isnt quite what it use to.I think it was when i first got caught with the discus bug and looking around the S.F. area for OCEAN GREENS, i might have actually been to your place in the city. anyway thanks for organizing the meet i will keep in contact thru B.A.D.
    Hi Ben,
    My Discus was in the SF Advertiser in the 80's, you might remember, also didn't you know
    someone name Wayne Fong that collected Discus around the Bay Area?

Cliff

Just want to let everyone know that I received the Trophy Discus from Tad this afternoon. Thanks Tad for the book and Cliff for putting together the meeting. It was really nice to meet and chat with some of the local discus enthusiasts.
    Dan

Hi cliff, now that you mentioned it, i do remember you advertising in the SF Advertiser, man its been such a long time ago and yes Wayne Fong, thats a name from the past, he too was a avid discus keeper, i wonder what ever happen to him?, Man i must admit your memory is pretty amazing, anyway i need to come by your place and see i can pick up white butterfies from you, take care and have a good day

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast