AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: BayAreaDiscus(BAD) Meeting

Registered Member

Default Re: BayAreaDiscus(BAD) Meeting

Cliff,
    good to see that "BAD" is in good hands, sounds like another great meeting with local discus enthusiast. I need to go to Antioch and see Phil sometime, been a long time.

Tad

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by milkweed View Post
    I'm in San Ramon and would be interested in attending the next meeting. How do I get an invite? Thanks - Bobby
    Hi Bob,
    You are wellcome to attend the meetings, just check for up comming meetings on this site.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    Cliff,
    good to see that "BAD" is in good hands, sounds like another great meeting with local discus enthusiast. I need to go to Antioch and see Phil sometime, been a long time.

Tad
    rHi Tad,
    The meetings are still going strong. Phil has sold his store, Rich(new owner) continues the breeding program.

Happy Holiday!
    Cliff

Registered Member

Default BayAreaDiscus(BAD) Meeting

Thanks Cliff!

Registered Member

I will be in town again after Dec 26. Any discus happenings or good LFS I should visit?

Sandy

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bonginator View Post
    I will be in town again after Dec 26. Any discus happenings or good LFS I should visit?

Sandy
    HI Sandy,
    Are you look for a specific kind of fish? San Francisco Aquarium Society meeting on the first Friday of the month,
    Silicone Aquarium Society also has a meeting on the weekends. Store front to visit if you are interested in plants
    would be Ocean Aquarium in San Francisco. You can also call a couple of sponsers too.

Cliff

Registered Member

Hi Everyone,
    I got some bag buddies leftover from the meeting any interest shot me a message.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Registered Member

Bonginator, your PM is full, thought you might be interest that Dolphin Pet Village located in San Jose is closing after 47 years in business, call them first
    as I am not sure when the closing date is.

Cliff

I used to go there all the time at Dolphin Pet Village and they are in Campbell. They move before to another location about few block aways and now they are closing. That's very sad.

Registered Member

Another LFS, Aquatic Life Forms in Sunnyvale will be closing at the end of this month.

Cliff

A lot of fish store in the bay area are closing down.

Real Name
    Rick Mileski

Next year is just around the corner, so we'll probably see you soon. By the way did you get can of Phil Ng's Blue Bat Discus?
    Phil bought some Bat Discus from Chan Ming in Hong Kong, its a super high body and high fin Discus.
    Hi Cliff,

I have a pair of what I call Albino Blue Diamonds that came with Fin-Tastik when I bought it from Phil Ng

The male is a Albino Blue Diamond and female is a Cobalt

I spoke to Phil today and he said they have the Bat Discus gene in them and I might get some from the fry.

I have about 40 fry from the pair, a little less then dime size and they are fanning a new batch of eggs ,,should hatch tomorrow.

Rick

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickmiles View Post
    Hi Cliff,

I have a pair of what I call Albino Blue Diamonds that came with Fin-Tastik when I bought it from Phil Ng

The male is a Albino Blue Diamond and female is a Cobalt

I spoke to Phil today and he said they have the Bat Discus gene in them and I might get some from the fry.

I have about 40 fry from the pair, a little less then dime size and they are fanning a new batch of eggs ,,should hatch tomorrow.

Rick
    Hi Rick,
    The fry should be real nice, some good genes in those Discus from one of Hong Kong's most respected Discus breeder, they even had a postal stamp at one time with
    his Discus.

Cliff

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Bonginator, your PM is full, thought you might be interest that Dolphin Pet Village located in San Jose is closing after 47 years in business, call them first
    as I am not sure when the closing date is.

Cliff
    So sorry to hear this. I was there recently and they have a very nice store. I've been trying to find a good fresh and saltwater place in the southby and have had very little luck. Do you know when they are closing? Will have to stop by when back in town if they are liquidating stuff...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bonginator View Post
    So sorry to hear this. I was there recently and they have a very nice store. I've been trying to find a good fresh and saltwater place in the southby and have had very little luck. Do you know when they are closing? Will have to stop by when back in town if they are liquidating stuff...
    Hi Sandy,
    Dolphin will be closing at the end of this month, that's the word I got from one of their suppliers. Good fresh and salterwater fish come in on the weekend
    to the wholesalers and get picked over also instantly, sometime they are already reserved too, so its more miss and hits.

Cliff

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast