AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Koi

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Koi

How many of you discus keepers also have Koi in a pond in your yard? I do and David Rose does also. I have 12 koi, 8 are butterfly koi and 4 are standard koi. Got them all at 3-4" each and they are now mostly 10 yrs old, and average 18" or more. They live in my 2000 gal pond right next to our back screened porch where we can sit and eat, relax and listen to the waterfall and watch fish! Here are pics. The smaller pond has just goldfish and live plants and frogs and sometimes a snake, unfortunately. I will try to get some better pics up soon.
    Barb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Default Re: Koi

I Had Koi for years here...up until last year... I got cleaned out by a great egret. I don't fault the bird...It was doing what it was designed to do.. It my fault ..I never had the problem and never took the steps to prevent it.

Thinking I may convert the pond to Lily plants,Bladder worts , frogs and mosquito fish

The irony is I'll drive hundred to thousands of miles to photo Heron and Egrets and I couldn't get one pic of this fellow at all!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Rick

Default Re: Koi

I have a 1000 gallon pond and a 5000 gallon pond under construction. Both Butterfly (longfin) and regular Koi. It's a bit of a long story, but Koi I what brought me to keeping discus....