AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hello All

Default Hello All

I'm not big on posting, but I have surely gotten enough advice to give back.

Here's my quick intro. I started with planted tanks about 5 years ago, made the jump to discus a couple years ago. I have a few tanks and fish 6 heckels, 2 wc browns, grew out a pair of browns from Hans, 7 adults from Obsessed(forum member). A couple random fish leopard,cobalt and creamsickle colored.

I've had 3 successful spawns thanks to you all. Everyday is a learning process. I'm moving next month and will be starting a fishroom. I will try to share what is happening.

I can say this. I have become more outgoing and willing to go outside my comfort zone since joining the forum. I'd like to thank you all.

Robert

Default Re: Hello All

Now you've got some prime Colorado property on this board, no transplants allowed! LOL. There arn't too many from our state on here, John and some Pueblo folks, I'm the only Springs person so far that I have found. None of the LFS stores here even bring in Discus, which I'm really glad about.
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Rob,
    When I heard you were moving into the neighborhood after having had the pleasure of meeting you a few years ago...I was thrilled. C'mon over any time for a visit neighbor!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Matt

Welcome Rob! I'm curious where you got these? Awesome fish.

http://rwright.weebly.com/uploads/1/...53597_orig.jpg
    -Matt

Hey Robert! Good to see we got some more folks moving into the neighborhood! Look forward to seeing your posts my friend.

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Joanr: you're right. I've heard about you from John and seen you fish here. Good stuff. I hope to meet you someday. There are a couple guys in Ft. Collins. I look forward to the time when we can have meetings. John is a gift.

Al: The pleasure all mine. The visit to your home helped springboard my obsession. Thank you and your family for allowing me to just drop by. Thanks for all the answers to my questions also. wish I lived closer.

Discus-n00b: That fish is from Obsessed(Paul Gordy). He also told me about this site. Man I owe him alot! I had a tank full of them, but had a co2 incident that clean out damn near my entire tank. I posted the mishap and almost gave up. I was the 1st month. He is the only one I have left from that bunch. He is to aggressive when in a tank with a female. I'm still learning. Hope to breed him someday soon. I have another group from Obsessed now.

Eddie: I hope to do a 1/32 of what you do!!! That's with post, assistance and fish. I still show off your fish. And man, all those heckel projects! You're my idol.

Thank you all

Robert

Registered Member

Im sure Al will be more than willing to help you with the new fish room, but if you have any questions on equipment sizing/design let me know.

-Ryan
    -Ryan Karcher
    Aquatic Eco Systems Technician

Registered Member

I enjoy time with Rob very much, and will do whatever I can to help out with the new digs and fishroom.

Let me know when the deal is final and when we can check out the electrical in the new place- might need some work, and I have lots of experience and leftover hardware from wiring my own place... fishrooms can suck some power...

I'll PM you about some other stuff...

Hey Rob,

I'm 130 miles west of you up in Eagle. It'd be great to get together someday with all the CO folks.
    Peter
    90 gal/Wild Greens

It's funny. I feel I should respond to all comments since you guys were kind enough to take time time to write. Thank you

Dkarc@Aol.com: sounds good. I looking and several items and will definitely ask. thanks.

Jhhnn: I thank you in advance for all the help you're gonna give. See you this week.

babakaty: That's a nice little drive. If your ever in the area let me know. Maybe when taking a flight out of town. I 15 minutes from D.I.A. You're welcome to stop by.

I think I might be able to get a few before the move pics in this week. Just to see how I grown.

Robert

PM'd
    Peter
    90 gal/Wild Greens

Welcome to the neighbourhood Robert
    Paul

Comfortably numb.