ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another FDBW testimonial...

Default Another FDBW testimonial...

Can you believe my heckels are begging at the water surface every time I enter the room. And since I got 200g I feed them every time. I wonder if you can over feed them.

Robert

Default Re: Another FDBW testimonial...

Even Heckels get addicted to them !!
    they still on my wish list ,waiting for responce from Mal
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Rob,
    I did my test run with these worms months ago on my heckels when I first tried them ...and my Heckels went bonkers for them....They come right up to the top to take them.... doesn't matter if they are Loose or cubed! But its hilarious when they I feed the cubed..I just toss them in and its like chumming for sharks or piranha!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Al , pls check yr mail
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Discus may or may not have emotion, but they definitely seem to have taste buds for FDBW. It took my fish a few days to know how to eat worms stuck on glass and worms floating on top, but they finally figured it out and they really seem to enjoy the worms. They definitely go after the worms with more enthusiasm than any other food I fed them. Thanks, Al.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    Discus may or may not have emotion, but they definitely seem to have taste buds for FDBW. It took my fish a few days to know how to eat worms stuck on glass and worms floating on top, but they finally figured it out and they really seem to enjoy the worms. They definitely go after the worms with more enthusiasm than any other food I fed them. Thanks, Al.
    Now Thats what I'm talking about! Glad to hear it

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I'm amazed! I ordered my first batch of FDBW's on Sunday, and they arrived today! The website was easy to use, and shipping was fast and reasonable - I wish every online seller was like Al!

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terrybo View Post
    I'm amazed! I ordered my first batch of FDBW's on Sunday, and they arrived today! The website was easy to use, and shipping was fast and reasonable - I wish every online seller was like Al!

Terry
    Hi Terry! Thanks for the great feedback! I try to ship out orders the same day I get them if Its at all possible.

Best regards!
    Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Rick

I am just curious, on average, how many cubes are people feeding there discus? For instance, in a community tank with 8 adult discus, I typcally feed 4 cubes...........

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    I am just curious, on average, how many cubes are people feeding there discus? For instance, in a community tank with 8 adult discus, I typcally feed 4 cubes...........
    Do they eat it all? If yes, then great...if no..then cut back a bit...I tend to feed about 4-5 cubes at a time to a tank of 15 discus... but I am also feeding these fish several times a day..I believe in frequent smaller feedings these days.

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Rick

Yes, they eat it all. i tend to overfeed a bit in the mornings (no one at home to feed until 4-5 ish) and feed the cubes in some DIY worm cones (smaller version with larger holes). I have watched a few times at night when I fed this amount and it took them about 45 minutes to eat it all. I do have 6 lemon and 6 rummy nose's in the tank as well catching the scraps.

Registered Member

I recently ordered a couple 10g bags of the cubes to see how my fish would react to them in comparison to the Hikari frozen bloodworms they are used to.

My guys go nuts over them. I take each cube and rip them into small bite size chunks so everyone gets a shot at them. They are gone inside of 10 seconds with just a few worms floating around from the frenzy.

I have 6 fish and feed two cubes one after the other at one feeding. I'm sure they would eat more but I am trying lots of smaller feedings of different foods through out the day for now.

I can only imagine how it would be to feed the live ones of these - that must be something to watch.

Needless to say I'll be ordering a much larger bag shortly.

Thanks Al for making these readily available to us here.

Kevin

Registered Member

I started using these not so long ago and my fish rip em up, I dont even get a chance to stick the cube to the glass, as soon as I put my hand in the water they are all over them, now I just toss them in..Its a great food but I still try to vary their diets even I would get tired of pork chops every day and I loves me some pork chops lol

Quote Originally Posted by KMB View Post
    I recently ordered a couple 10g bags of the cubes to see how my fish would react to them in comparison to the Hikari frozen bloodworms they are used to.

My guys go nuts over them. I take each cube and rip them into small bite size chunks so everyone gets a shot at them. They are gone inside of 10 seconds with just a few worms floating around from the frenzy.

I have 6 fish and feed two cubes one after the other at one feeding. I'm sure they would eat more but I am trying lots of smaller feedings of different foods through out the day for now.

I can only imagine how it would be to feed the live ones of these - that must be something to watch.

Needless to say I'll be ordering a much larger bag shortly.

Thanks Al for making these readily available to us here.

Kevin
    Glad to help Kevin! One of the best things for me about them is I am so severely allergic to Hikari Bloodworms (bloodworms in general) that I get raised welts and ichy swollen eyes when I use them....many people are! But Freeze dried Blackworms don't cause that allergic reaction like Bloodworms do!!!....no more allergic reactions

I started using these not so long ago and my fish rip em up, I dont even get a chance to stick the cube to the glass, as soon as I put my hand in the water they are all over them, now I just toss them in..Its a great food but I still try to vary their diets even I would get tired of pork chops every day and I loves me some pork chops lol
    I vary my fishes diet too..I am a firm believer that this our best way to ensure that they are getting all the nutrition they need with our current imperfect understanding of Discus Nutrition.

Thanks again everyone!

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Wow. You guys feed your fish a lot of food. I feed mine two cubes and I have 12 adult discus. I suppose I can feed more. By the way, how much nutritional value does FDBW have? I vary the diet for my fish as well, but just wondering ...

I feed various flakes and tetra bits in the morning, FDBW in the afternoon, and various frozen food at night.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast