AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another FDBW testimonial...

Default Re: Another FDBW testimonial...

By FDBW you mean Freeze dried Blackworms? Right?.

The nutritional profile for these blackworms is ...
    Nutritional Facts [ Dry weight] Crude Protein 66.35% Crude
    Fat 13.87% Crude Fiber 0.24% Moisture 3%

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Rick

How does that compare with the typical beef heart mix...just curious. I feed my fish some beefheart flake, they eat it, but somewhat reluctantly, as I think they are spoiled on the FDBW.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Glad to help Kevin! One of the best things for me about them is I am so severely allergic to Hikari Bloodworms (bloodworms in general) that I get raised welts and ichy swollen eyes when I use them....many people are! But Freeze dried Blackworms don't cause that allergic reaction like Bloodworms do!!!....no more allergic reactions
    Me too! Once my eye was so bad that I went to the emergency room. The blackworms have no allergic affect on me. My fish are still going nuts for these. So much so that it causes a lot of aggression at feeding time. Now I have to stick two balls of worms at opposite ends of the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    How does that compare with the typical beef heart mix...just curious. I feed my fish some beefheart flake, they eat it, but somewhat reluctantly, as I think they are spoiled on the FDBW.

The problem and Benefit of Feeding a homemade mix is that no two mixes are alike... You really can't compare the nutrition....a BH made with just BH is going to have a different profile than one where someone adds prawn,seafood,vitamens etc.

Not trying to dodge the question, but I can't really answer it. What I can tell you is I personally feed both here...I like to hedge my bets nutritionally.... and I do believe that the protein and fat Content of these Blackworms is beneficial to grow discus and condition breeders...I personally believe the same of my home made BH/seafood mix.

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Thanks for the response, Al. At least my question was because I wanted to know whether or not the FDBW are nutritious. For example, I've read that brine shrimp have virtually no nutritional value so it's not worth feeding your fish (I don't know how reliable that info is). But sounds like FDBW are very nutirtious. :-)

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

It took my discus about 5 days before the "Pirahna effect" hit all of them. At first, they really didn't know exactly what the strange cube was, but now they rip it off the glass in a matter of seconds and take turns grabbing and shaking the clump of worms. I think FDBW should be renamed DC (discus crack).

Terry

So glad I found Simply for many reasons but FDBW's are one of them I put the cubes on a suction cup algae clip since I have overflows but they go crazy over them. So glad i got some, this is the one thing that helped me to get them away from their all FBW diet now they start their morning off with these. Now they have even added other things to their diet!!
    Oh and when I got the container out of the FDBW to feed the fish today I turn around and my daschund was munching away, it was all i could do to get the 6 cubes she had in her little mouth out, so she loved them too

Got mine today. They attacked it like I attack weissbier! even the wilds didn't hesitate. Thanks Al

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalb View Post
    Got mine today. They attacked it like I attack weissbier! even the wilds didn't hesitate. Thanks Al
    My wilds like the FDBWs a lot more than the domestics. For some reason, most of my domestics don't care much for them, but my wilds go wild over them.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Terrybo Re: Another FDBW testimonial...
    It took my discus about 5 days before the "Pirahna effect" hit all of them. At first, they really didn't know exactly what the strange cube was, but now they rip it off the glass in a matter of seconds and take turns grabbing and shaking the clump of worms. I think FDBW should be renamed DC (discus crack).

Terry
    FD Dc..Freeze dried Discus Crack...LOL...Love it ! Thanks for the feedback Terry!
    take care@!!

saltydog Re: Another FDBW testimonial...
    So glad I found Simply for many reasons but FDBW's are one of them I put the cubes on a suction cup algae clip since I have overflows but they go crazy over them. So glad i got some, this is the one thing that helped me to get them away from their all FBW diet now they start their morning off with these. Now they have even added other things to their diet!!
    Oh and when I got the container out of the FDBW to feed the fish today I turn around and my daschund was munching away, it was all i could do to get the 6 cubes she had in her little mouth out, so she loved them too
    Cammie,
    Thats great news, and I am sure they'll help fatten them up nice... on the Daschund.. yes becareful there..I'm amazed by how many people have had their dogs go ape over these!

Take care!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalb View Post
    Hey Jim,
    Glad to hear it! and Thanks for the order! Hope all is well with you!

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Hi Al

The FDBW I ordered from you got my ten juvies "survivors" back on track. They're still scared of me but whenever I drop the cube, they easily forgets my presence..
    Now I have some of them come to me whenever I go near their tank.
    I am doing easy on the FDBW though becuase they might follow me around even at work..
    Thanks again for the quick shipment.

Dino

Quote Originally Posted by dinodiscus View Post
    Hi Al

The FDBW I ordered from you got my ten juvies "survivors" back on track. They're still scared of me but whenever I drop the cube, they easily forgets my presence..
    Now I have some of them come to me whenever I go near their tank.
    I am doing easy on the FDBW though becuase they might follow me around even at work..
    Thanks again for the quick shipment.

Dino

You are very welcome Dino! Glad they are eating again for you!!

Best regards!
    -al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12