ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Got selected for promotion!!!

Default Re: Got selected for promotion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by retiredsailor View Post
    great job eddie. i tested for e-7 10 times in the navy (i think). but the test is just to get to the selection board, which was always my failing point. Good for you. and by the way, whenever you talk with navy folk on the phone and they say they are a "chief", realize its only an e-7, not an e-9. they like to take advantage of you guys with that.

ian
    LOL, thanks Ian. I'll remember the Chief thing next time I talk to some Navy Chiefs.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    LOL, thanks Ian. I'll remember the Chief thing next time I talk to some Navy Chiefs.
    Funny story - sorry to hijack: as a US Army Captain, I was on leave visiting my parents in Annapolis MD. I had lost one of my dog tags and needed them to travel so I called the Naval Academy just down the road, identified myself as Captain Albina, and asked them if they could make dog tags on Campus. They said they yes Sir they certainly could and it would be no problem and they would take care of me as soon as I walked in the door and to stop by at my convenience. I was amazed at how nice and responsive they were - thinking, Wow the Navy support agencies are so much better than the Army! When I walked in - in uniform, and they saw that I was a lowly Army Captain (O3) and not a Navy Captain (O6) - they told me to take a seat and they'd be with me as soon as they could. An hour and a half later - I had my dog tags. Sometimes you might not want tell the Navy Chiefs that you're not a Navy Chief... just saying....

Adam

LOL, that is a funny story indeed. It doesnt even matter these days though. Technology has surpassed the means of military personnel, it takes 2 hours to get anything done these days. Things that took 10-15 minutes, now take entire days, its pitiful. You would think it was the other way around but its far from it.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678