AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Week 54, Final Update.

  1. #16
    Registered Member Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Thanks for the entertainment value on the contest Chad. It has been very interesting reading. Great job on your group. Wishing you all the best
    Evelyn,

    I'm glad you found it "entertaining"! Thank you for the compliment and well wishes.

    Best wishes and good luck to you!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #17
    Photo Guru db2inst1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Looking Good Chad. I really enjoyed and learned a lot reading your contest threads.

    Good Luck

    -Visu

  3. #18
    Registered Member acroken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    897
    iTrader
    6 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Great ending to this challenge Chad. Very nicely put together. It has been a pleasure to follow your posts. We could not have been any different in our approaches to raising these challenge fish. You have raised a beautiful group of discus. It has been a great year. Nice work.

    Kenny

  4. #19
    Registered Member Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Great ending to this challenge Chad. Very nicely put together. It has been a pleasure to follow your posts. We could not have been any different in our approaches to raising these challenge fish. You have raised a beautiful group of discus. It has been a great year. Nice work.

    Kenny
    Thank you Kenny! Your compliments mean a lot to me. I couldn't agree with you more in our approaches. Defiantely day and night. I think that made things a bit more interesting. I love that there wasn't much conformity between the conestants. Everyone did what they felt was best and everyone had great results!

    Thanks again for the well wishes and I wish you all the best!

    Good luck!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #20
    SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina USA
    Posts
    4,320
    iTrader
    51 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Real beauties Chad! And so good to see and hear how they were grown in a planted tank! What is in that tank now? Raising more juvies in it? Good luck in the judging, it will be tough to pick a grand winner from what I see.
    Barb


    Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

  6. #21
    Registered Member Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Real beauties Chad! And so good to see and hear how they were grown in a planted tank! What is in that tank now? Raising more juvies in it? Good luck in the judging, it will be tough to pick a grand winner from what I see.
    Barb
    Thank you Barb! That tank was sold to another forum member which is now full of their own discus. Not a planted tank though. Thanks for the well wishes! I'm glad I'm not a judge.

    Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #22
    Registered Member Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Quote Originally Posted by db2inst1 View Post
    Looking Good Chad. I really enjoyed and learned a lot reading your contest threads.

    Good Luck

    -Visu
    Thank you Visu! I'm glad that you got something out of all of this. In my opinion, that is the whole point of this forum. Education. Thank you for the well wishes!

    Best wishes my friend!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #23
    Registered Member FarmerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paso Robles, California
    Posts
    82
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Great job on the fish!! Between being a California native, loving your approach to the grow out and having ties to San Diego had me pulling for you. My little sister was a Volleyball stud for USD and my bro was the manager of the downtown Hard Rock, entire family loves SD.

    I was a fan of the methods you used to grow out these amazing fish .... stock is everything, but they look great!

    On that note ..... if you ever decide to raise a spawn from these fish, my daughter and I will drag our happy butts down from San Luis Obispo in a heartbeat to pick some up.

    Way to represent the west coast Chad ...... enjoyed it

  9. #24
    Registered Member Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
    Great job on the fish!! Between being a California native, loving your approach to the grow out and having ties to San Diego had me pulling for you. My little sister was a Volleyball stud for USD and my bro was the manager of the downtown Hard Rock, entire family loves SD.

    I was a fan of the methods you used to grow out these amazing fish .... stock is everything, but they look great!

    On that note ..... if you ever decide to raise a spawn from these fish, my daughter and I will drag our happy butts down from San Luis Obispo in a heartbeat to pick some up.

    Way to represent the west coast Chad ...... enjoyed it
    West Side! LOL!

    Thanks my friend! Glad to hear of your ties to SD! If you are ever in the area, look me up! I love having forum folks to the house. I really appreciate your support of my methods. Thank you for the compliments!

    You are on a growing list of folks who want fry. I honestly don't know if I have any males. I've seen 4 of the 6 lay eggs. If the other two are males, then I'm likely in the clear. If not, I'll be crossing these beauties with some of Inland Empires Albino Red Turqs. I have 10 semi adults at the moment and they are looking fantastic! They are nearly carbon copies of the contest fish.'

    Anyway, thanks for your vote and I hope to possibly meet you guys one day.

    Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #25
    Registered Member FarmerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paso Robles, California
    Posts
    82
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    I use to drive down often, either visiting family or dragging my boat to fish Albacore and Bluefin with friends. Family all moved and my divorce got the boat .....so been awhile... LOL

    Will make sure to stay in touch. I have just gotten back into the hobby after 20 years and lurking on here with my daughter is the reason.

    Wish you luck come judging time. Me and my daughter have our favorites .......... Of course they are not the same!

  11. #26
    Registered Member Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
    I use to drive down often, either visiting family or dragging my boat to fish Albacore and Bluefin with friends. Family all moved and my divorce got the boat .....so been awhile... LOL

    Will make sure to stay in touch. I have just gotten back into the hobby after 20 years and lurking on here with my daughter is the reason.

    Wish you luck come judging time. Me and my daughter have our favorites .......... Of course they are not the same!
    Sorry to hear of the divorce and the boat loss. That kind of sucks. I don't have a fishing boat, but I do have a 18' deck boat that we take out to the bay every now and then. Stay in touch and if you need anything let me know.

    Have a great weekend!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #27
    Registered Member FarmerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paso Robles, California
    Posts
    82
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Thanks Chad, the offer is appreciated. The information on here has been amazing but always nice to have someone to turn to for answers. We only have a 55gal BB with three adult 5"-6.5" Turq/Leopard's set up at the moment. Had a fish room/nursery back in the early 90's that my 9 year old recently found pictures of (hence me back into the hobby). Was planning on breeding angelfish with her to get her started, but because of this site and the pictures of the competition fish ..... well, there are now 8 empty tanks in the garage she has plans for!

    So much has changed since I was into this before. The Discus are just amazing and the amount of information available is probably the biggest change that I am noticing.

    Enjoy the weekend as well ...... weather is fabulous up here at the moment so I know its even better in De Eggo

    Dustin

  13. #28
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,568
    iTrader
    244 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Chad,

    There are a lot of good people on this forum and you stand out among the best! Thank you for your participation...I've learned so much from reading your threads and know there aren't a lot of people that would take the time as you have to detail your efforts and respond when help is needed.

    You're the best Chad and I appreciate all that you do and have done!!!

    All the best,
    David

  14. #29
    Registered Member Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
    Thanks Chad, the offer is appreciated. The information on here has been amazing but always nice to have someone to turn to for answers. We only have a 55gal BB with three adult 5"-6.5" Turq/Leopard's set up at the moment. Had a fish room/nursery back in the early 90's that my 9 year old recently found pictures of (hence me back into the hobby). Was planning on breeding angelfish with her to get her started, but because of this site and the pictures of the competition fish ..... well, there are now 8 empty tanks in the garage she has plans for!

    So much has changed since I was into this before. The Discus are just amazing and the amount of information available is probably the biggest change that I am noticing.

    Enjoy the weekend as well ...... weather is fabulous up here at the moment so I know its even better in De Eggo

    Dustin
    Well, you know how the fish bug bites! One tank now, in a year 12 tanks! LOL! That is so cool that your daughter is taking the reigns on this hobby! It's one of the best in the world in my opinion. I have to agree with you about the information highway in regards to discus. IMHO there is no better source of information on the web than Simply and the folks you meet here are the types that you form long standing friendships with.

    If you are interested in Angels, hit up Bill at Inland Empire Discus. He may have something for you! I'm a discus man myself...

    Anyway, weather here is warming up. You can tell it's summer time for sure. I hear it may get near 90 here this weekend! Yikes! LOL! I guess I'll get to test out the AC for the first time this year.

    Take care buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Chad,

    There are a lot of good people on this forum and you stand out among the best! Thank you for your participation...I've learned so much from reading your threads and know there aren't a lot of people that would take the time as you have to detail your efforts and respond when help is needed.

    You're the best Chad and I appreciate all that you do and have done!!!

    All the best,
    David

    David,

    You're making me blush. Your kind words mean a lot my friend! I really appreciate your heart felt post. I'm so happy to hear that my posts were beneficial to you. It's always a pleasure to help out a fellow hobbyist whenever possible.

    Thanks for the kind words and have a great weekend!

    Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #30
    Registered Member dan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    271
    iTrader
    10 (100%)

    Default Re: Week 54, Final Update.

    Hi Chad,

    That was a great write up. Your group looks really nice and promising. Thanks for sharing your experience, you are definitely one of the best and knowledgeable folks in this forum. It would be wonderful to see your fish room some day when I am in SD.

    Best wishes and good luck on the contest.
    Dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

pic of month             AquaticSuppliers.com