ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: My new discus from Rocky Moutain Discus

Default My new discus from Rocky Moutain Discus

I am not sure of how many people know about Al at Rocky Mountain Discus up in Indiana but he always has some really great fish. Here is three I got from him this past week.

Red Melon
    [IMG][/IMG]

Millennium Gold
    [IMG][/IMG]

Blue Turquoise
    [IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: My new discus from Rocky Moutain Discus

I've tried emailing him a few times and he never responds. I even called once and asked him to send me pictures providing him my email and never received anything. Glad you're having better luck, but I'm sticking with our SD sponsors. I only tried him to inquire about Ica Reds anyway, so it's no biggie.

Best of luck growing out your juvies. Hopefully they'll shape up nicely for ya!
    David

Registered Member

Yah, I think, RMD has nice looking discus and I think his quality is good too. I tried once to buy but it is difficult so ship for him, especially because I am in toronto-canada.
    I think he does not mean to ignore - I think he is just busy with keeping his near by customers happy.

Al is OK . He is hard to get a hold of sometimes but has nice fish and is knowledgable . I have visited and seen his tanks.

Roberto.

I agree he can be hard to get a hold of sometimes. I wanted to see his adult breeding fish but he was doing a water change and was worried they would get to spooked. He told me next time I am up that way he promised he would let me see them.

Sounds like I need to be more persistent!

Default Re: My new discus from Rocky Mountain Discus

I have had great luck with Discus from RMD.

I bought three Blue Diamond's two Brilliant Blue Turquoise and one Blue Leopard Snake skin from RMD 13 months ago all were 2.5" to 3". They all grew out nice shaped and sized and have been very healthy from the get go.

I ended up with two pair out of that group of six, both pairs the males are Blue Diamond and the females are Brilliant Blue Turquoise so all in all getting two pair out of that group of 6 is not too bad in my book I do wish though that i would have gotten a BDxBD or BBTXBBT pair but it did not work out that way. At least that teaches me to mix strains.

BTW: Both pairs spawned within a couple hours of each other yesterday afternoon one pairs second spawn the others first.

That has been my positive experience with RMD and Al.
    "Don't count your Discus before they hatch" ............Joe