ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Blue Scorp

Default Blue Scorp

What exactly is a blue scorp? What are the genes crossed for these fish? I saw the Blue fish post in the photo gallery and kinda fell in love with those blue scorps!

Default Re: Blue Scorp

Blue scorpion is snakeskin type solid blue fish, IMO kind of like cobalt in combination with snakeskin. some blue scorpions also has blue diamond gene bred in, while some others don't.

-Xiaofei

I love that look in a discus as well. thick body with a pattern on their face... sorta like mike tyson.. LOL jk..

the solids with the fine face patterns are really nice. from what I have seen so far is that you will not know if if it will be solid until it reaches to adult size. one day i will pick up some of those.

all juvies look the same. IMO... I could be wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by vss View Post
    Blue scorpion is snakeskin type solid blue fish, IMO kind of like cobalt in combination with snakeskin. some blue scorpions also has blue diamond gene bred in, while some others don't.

-Xiaofei

Ditto
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Next question......where can I get some!!?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by DerekFF View Post
    Next question......where can I get some!!?
    Kenny Cheung offers them on occasion- that's where mine came from-

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=78780

I believe they're a cross between snakeskins and blue diamonds. As you can see, mine are quite variable in pattern, ranging from one extreme to the other. Some show bars, some never have. I doubt they'll breed true, at all. Snakeskins don't, anyway, from what I've read- they throw a large % of turqs. Add blue diamond genes, and, well, dunno... but I figure they'll have a lot of blue...

Kenny's been known to take requests from people he thinks are serious, so give him a call...

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by vss View Post

-Xiaofei
    Ditto ditto, and I should have some now for the first time. Two months ago I got a batch of just over a hundred fry from a female BSS with a male BD. Most of the fry are turqs, but I'm waiting to see how many of the remaining ones are scorpions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
    Kenny Cheung offers them on occasion- that's where mine came from-

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=78780

I believe they're a cross between snakeskins and blue diamonds. As you can see, mine are quite variable in pattern, ranging from one extreme to the other. Some show bars, some never have. I doubt they'll breed true, at all. Snakeskins don't, anyway, from what I've read- they throw a large % of turqs. Add blue diamond genes, and, well, dunno... but I figure they'll have a lot of blue...

Kenny's been known to take requests from people he thinks are serious, so give him a call...
    Yeah i got 2 forrest RSS and 2 flamingos from him a while ago. Beautiful fish he has. I went and saw his whole operation, i want that in my house! Well ill have to give him a call soon! Your fish make my knees shake jhhnn!!!!