AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: World Cup 2010 is on.

Registered Member

Default Re: World Cup 2010 is on.

Congrats to Spain.

Not the result or game I was looking for. Like Hans said, it all comes down to who puts the ball in the back of the net more times but really felt that the ref made himself more of that game than he should have.

Viva Espana ...Well deserve Win.
    Hans , this is a game for men ...but there is always a need for class and sportsmanship !!! the kick to the chest from the Dutch team was not a man's foul was ....well I do not have a name for it .... This is not a Real Man -Sissy issue ...It is an issue of CLASS !
    Again, Viva Espana ..a Well Deserve World Cup Win !!

I'm glad Spain won. The Dutch were a bunch of goons. They couldn't get the ball, so they constantly fouled. Plus, the Dutch players always flopped in the previous tournament games faking pain to try to get yellow cards. The announcers said they were good enough players not to do that. It's just poor sportsmanship. The best team won the tournament. They do have 6 of the top 16 players in the world according to ESPN.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us

I think Diego Forlan from Uruguay was the best player in the tournament. He was amazing to watch. What a powerful, accurate striker. I guess people will have World Cup withdrawal now. The games were fun to watch. 4 more years to Brazil!

Congrats to Spain!

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Viva Espana ...Well deserve Win.
    Hans , this is a game for men ...but there is always a need for class and sportsmanship !!! the kick to the chest from the Dutch team was not a man's foul was ....well I do not have a name for it .... This is not a Real Man -Sissy issue ...It is an issue of CLASS !
    Again, Viva Espana ..a Well Deserve World Cup Win !!
    Roberto, I'm 100% with you that was a 200% red cart, no discussion.

Sportsmanship is when you give the ball back to the other party if they kick it out for someone who's crying again (and 5 seconds later runs like a maniac) to get some help. Even after the keeper made that ball a corner (would have been funny if that was a goal by the way) you give it back again, in a game like this, THAT'S sportsmanship.

I hate the divers from ANY team, even mine, they should look those things back on camera and if it's a dive, RED CART you can go, even if you end up with 5 players on the field.

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

tough break Hans...congrats to Spain!

Rodrigo

So, Paul was right! Maybe I should switch to keeping Octopus instead of Discus?
    Naaaah. But in 4 more years, maybe.....
    Peter
    90 gal/Wild Greens

:WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!! Congrats to Spain....

The Spanish must be having a blast. Hopefully the are no deaths in the sure to come bull runs

Holland put up a good game there was a couple times where I was sure they would score.

You cant always expect a game or a player to play the way you epect it, you just have to watch it and accept it as a fan.

Another 4 years and maybe simply can have a soccer and discus fan reunion at Hudsons. lol

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by birdog View Post
    "VIVA LA FURIA ROJA" Espana all the way, let's just hope we get a good ref in this match, Holland tends to get a little rugby with the opponent.

David
    I hate to quote myself but there it is, I called it, and I thought the ref was fair enough, I mean geez if he'd let them play the way they were, someone would have ended up with a broken leg or two,and that has no place in any sport if is done on purpose.
    Kudos to Hans for taking it like a man and to the "Orange Machine" for placing.

Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Stop crying, it's a men sport not for sissies, referee is killing the game,

Hans
    LOL really? u think just because men play i its ok to play dirty? The best players are the ones that focus and pass, not the one's that foul ans take random shots. If you want to watch people get hit go watch some MMA.

Real Name
    Francis

Holland played tackling hard but not that dirty.....Robben could have second two goals and could have changed the whole game......now must for Euro 2012
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Holland played tackling hard but not that dirty.....Robben could have second two goals and could have changed the whole game......now must for Euro 2012
    That Robben is a world class player with a riffle for a leg, I wish he would have scored one of those shots in the first half, that would've made it a better paced game.

Chuck Norris would be proud!!

Apart from that blatant red card, I thought the ref did a decent job! It wasn't an easy game to ref, that's for sure!

Netherlands lost, because Robben missed those 2 clear chances. That's the bottom line. Spain missed 2 great chances in the beginning of extra time, plus that open header by Sergio Ramos. Then it came down to who scored on their 3rd clear chance.

Forlan, the best player and the most beautiful goal, against Germany!

Quote Originally Posted by waters10 View Post
    Forlan, the best player and the most beautiful goal, against Germany!
    I'm glad Diego Forlan won the Golden Ball for being the best player in the World Cup. His play was brilliant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...all-award.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jclpSCL5KEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOb8FrgdI_c

Registered Member

Forlan was great, but give me David Villa any day of the week and twice on worldcup final sunday.

Really liked that Christiano Ronaldo goal where he downed the ball with the back of his neck and then shot on net, was it a lucky play that anybody can do? or did fortune meet world class skill?

David

Real Name
    Francis

Many players complained about the Adidas Jabulani ball.....being less goals in this tournament.

Brazil dropped the third place in the FIFA standings announced today

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...kingslist.html
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789