ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Japura Green spawn

Registered Member

Default Re: Japura Green spawn

Ok Dean what is the hold up with the pics,waiting for them to be full grown.lol

Registered Member

Dale how are the japura young ones doing,any update or pics?

Registered Member

Will post updated pics tomorrow - I promise! Taking a "fish day" off work
    Shelley

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by luckyfind View Post
    Ok Dean what is the hold up with the pics,waiting for them to be full grown.lol
    Yeah, Dean.......quit holding out on us

Registered Member

Shelly it will be nice to see the growth diff from the last posted pics.
    Laurence

soon.....out of town (kitimat) until tomorrow.....wife is babysitting the little darlings....lol
    will post some this weekend.....

i will try get a pic of mine..but..hard..mine are in with all the red turks..they are catching up. one is gonna be a beauty for sure.
    send em over dale..ill sell em no worries..or keep and grow...the one nice thing about them is they have pattern all over their bodies..and lots of blue showing..so they will colour up alot faster than the german red turks.

Hey Dale any of these beautys left? Do you still have the pair going?
    And any coming to the States? Let me know. Thanks Dave
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

my camera is acting up....or my computer.....not sure....
    hope to have some pictures up soon......
    on a positive note...they are growing.....

Registered Member

Poor Dale - his fish end up with the last people left on earth who can't take decent shots/videos of their fish

So I decided to experiment ........
    Out of the 11 that I originally got, 10 survived; one jumped out of the tank.
    Out of those 10, 6 were from the first batch and 4 were from the second.

Last week, I removed the 6 largest and split them between the domestic and wild tanks. The 4 smallest were kept in the grow-out tank by themselves.

Here are the smallest (and they ARE small). They aren't like the larger ones at all. Very timid and shy and like to hide in the plants. They don't often come out, even at feeding time. They are also VERY fussy eaters and quite often will not eat the same food twice and have no problem going on hunger strikes until they get something they prefer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Y3Z7onnnI

These three are in with the domestics and they are awesome. The largest is in fact the biggest of the bunch of them. They eat everything and anything. There is definately a pecking order in the domestic tank, but they don't have any problems filling their bellies!! And before anyone comments, yes, I WAS too lazy to make my bed today!!! This tank sits at the foot of my bed and as you can all see, the bed is a mess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_h4FCMO-wM

Then there are the ones with the wild bunch. These are my favorite to watch because my wilds are SOOOO different from my domestics. There doesn't seem to be any pecking order with these guys and if there is, I can't see it. Maybe because I feed them so much that they all eat whenever they feel like it, but the little ones are right at the top of the tank with the big ones at feeding time. And the little guys are very clever too. They know if the bigger discus grab a mouth full of floating food, they spit it out so the little guys wait for them to do just that and then they steal their food! The wilds are also much more protective of the littles ones. Dale, did you see how protective the heckel is with the little guys - she's gonna make a GREAT mom; I just know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGxqYNcHawQ

Quote Originally Posted by Embersmom View Post
    Poor Dale - his fish end up with the last people left on earth who can't take decent shots/videos of their fish

So I decided to experiment ........
    Out of the 11 that I originally got, 10 survived; one jumped out of the tank.
    Out of those 10, 6 were from the first batch and 4 were from the second.

Last week, I removed the 6 largest and split them between the domestic and wild tanks. The 4 smallest were kept in the grow-out tank by themselves.

Here are the smallest (and they ARE small). They aren't like the larger ones at all. Very timid and shy and like to hide in the plants. They don't often come out, even at feeding time. They are also VERY fussy eaters and quite often will not eat the same food twice and have no problem going on hunger strikes until they get something they prefer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Y3Z7onnnI

These three are in with the domestics and they are awesome. The largest is in fact the biggest of the bunch of them. They eat everything and anything. There is definately a pecking order in the domestic tank, but they don't have any problems filling their bellies!! And before anyone comments, yes, I WAS too lazy to make my bed today!!! This tank sits at the foot of my bed and as you can all see, the bed is a mess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_h4FCMO-wM

Then there are the ones with the wild bunch. These are my favorite to watch because my wilds are SOOOO different from my domestics. There doesn't seem to be any pecking order with these guys and if there is, I can't see it. Maybe because I feed them so much that they all eat whenever they feel like it, but the little ones are right at the top of the tank with the big ones at feeding time. And the little guys are very clever too. They know if the bigger discus grab a mouth full of floating food, they spit it out so the little guys wait for them to do just that and then they steal their food! The wilds are also much more protective of the littles ones. Dale, did you see how protective the heckel is with the little guys - she's gonna make a GREAT mom; I just know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGxqYNcHawQ
    Just got home and trying to catch up on lawn, greenhouse, fish, emails, mail, kids blah blah blah :-)

Shelly PLEASE be careful with putting these younger fish with your larger. Just like the "4 younger second batch" fish that suffered, these may get stunted now that they are in with larger !! I think I'd still keep the 6 larger in a tank by themselves and continue to power feed....just a suggestion :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ockyra215 View Post
    Hey Dale any of these beautys left? Do you still have the pair going?
    And any coming to the States? Let me know. Thanks Dave
    You bet buddy, I will be producing BOTH the PURE Japura and the royal Japura, brilliant cross ( like you see in these videos :-)

HOPEFULLY, we will have young for the end of Oct. and will be shipped out of Philadelphia. I will explain much more once I get my website etc together. DON'T PANIC everyone, I will be shipping into the US at NO EXTRA cost, NO USFW fees etc. The fish will be priced and shipped from Philly just as if they were raised there :-)

ONCE AGAIN...... I'm taking pre-orders, I'm open for questions and willing to help, and my phone number is (204) 668 9780. My direct email is.

dtb. jordan @ shaw .ca

I was told to space it out for security reasons...LOL. I would PREFER to take orders by phone and will be willing to call you as I have a KILLER long distance plan( on my dime so to speak and like I said before....I hate typing :-)

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dalejordan View Post
    Just got home and trying to catch up on lawn, greenhouse, fish, emails, mail, kids blah blah blah :-)

Shelly PLEASE be careful with putting these younger fish with your larger. Just like the "4 younger second batch" fish that suffered, these may get stunted now that they are in with larger !! I think I'd still keep the 6 larger in a tank by themselves and continue to power feed....just a suggestion :-)
    No worries, Dale. I'll scoop em back into the grow-out tank tonight! Thanks for the suggestion; I appreciate it.
    Shelley

Registered Member

Love that first tank video Shelley.
    Laurence

Hey Dale,
    Have you got any pics of the pure Japura offspring you could post? I've been waiting to see some of those guys grow up.
    Thanks,
    Kacey

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast