AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: something on inside tank

Default something on inside tank

i woke up this morning and seen little white 1-3mm white long things all over the inside glass front and back of my community tank, i did however triclorofon 3 days ago as a precaution, are these worms of some sort can see moving, looks like have had a full on breakout of something, should i put a wormer in or should i pp the tank? almos looks like micro worms but don't have any of those.
    Last edited by matthewh2; 06-18-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Default Re: something on inside tank

Might be planaria. Ugly but harmless to fish. Try taking a good pic of one so we can be sure that's what it is. If it is then try doing a nice clean up(filter and all) and see if it helps.

those are planaria, if you know how to use PP you could PP tank for half day and you will see result and plus you should cleaning your filter too, Good luck
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

I cant seem to get a focus they come out like a blur,
    i rewormed incase, where do these things come from, could it be when did a wc, thats the only thing can think of, have only one little plant in there, rest are ornamental, this tank has been astablished now for a yr or more and have only ever done wc with it, for a min there i thought had an alien invasion of worms, well they are i guess, maybe i should pull the whole tank down and clean with vinegar, as well as filter, dont like to clean whole filter out , i usually only do the sponges in a bucket tank water, do these things break out from algae maybe
    Last edited by matthewh2; 06-19-2010 at 01:00 AM.

if i pp the tank should i take the fish out first cos, am more than positive will get an overload reading, i can almost guarentee it, and know they will stress then would have to deactivate using hydrogen peroxide, unless i guess wipe all the tank down do a 60% wc then do it, what about the cannister it is full mature, did read won't harm the biological filter.

what are your thoughts, is there another way around them without using pp, like another sort of additive perhaps.