ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Any good source for rams/corys?

Default Any good source for rams/corys?

I'd like to get some community fish like rams and corys for my discus tank, but don't know if there is any good source to find quality ones online. The LFS's in my town do have some nice ones occasionally, but the overall health condition of the stores always scares me...Does anyone know any good sources for ram, cory, or other small community fish? Thanks!

Best,
    Xiaofei

Registered Member

Default Re: Any good source for rams/corys?

http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/s...ad.php?t=19862 you can contact him for cories and see if he still has any more. I have personally purchased angelfish from him and his wife at their house before and they are great people to work with.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by j_li8 View Post
    http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/s...ad.php?t=19862 you can contact him for cories and see if he still has any more. I have personally purchased angelfish from him and his wife at their house before and they are great people to work with.
    Thanks Joe. Unfortunately currently he does not sell corys on the AB...

Xiaofei

Registered Member

Snookn21, a sponser here, has nice looking rams, cardinal tetras, plecos, angels, cory, etc. often listed for sale.
    Scott

An excellent source would be your local fish club. I would contact them and ask. Fish clubs often have mini-auctions at each monthly meeting and a big auction once or twice a year and these are great places to pick up some home-growns for a reasonable price.

I have bought cories a couple different times from redkahuna on aquabid. I first bought from him off another forum. All of his fish are bred and tank-raised by him. He has numerous different types. A real, real nice guy to deal with.