ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: AES infrared temp scanner

Default AES infrared temp scanner

While i have been working on my new fish room and trying to properly insulate it i decided to purchase an infrared temp scanner to evaluate where heat is lost in the room and to properly ventilate. I am very happy i did. No longer will i ever need to check water temp with a thermometer. This unit is great. Just point the scanner at your tank and it gives you the temp. very accurate and simple. You can use it on any surface. I love it. best $60 i spent in a long time. You can find them at Aquatic Eco systems

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategor...re%20Scanner/0

Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: AES infrared temp scanner

Hi Kenny....the one you got....is it Raytek Infrared Thermometer?

http://www.raytek.com/Raytek/en-r0/P...es/Default.htm
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Francis,
    i will have to check the manufacture. i bought it at aquatic eco systems. have you worked with one before?

Kenny

Kenny,

I am using something similiar. http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16352

Mine works pretty well. I compare the temp between the IR and the Hanna TDS/Temp meter.. they are very close.

BTW.. I use mine for cooking as well.

Van

Quote Originally Posted by vlam View Post
    Kenny,

I am using something similiar. http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16352

Mine works pretty well. I compare the temp between the IR and the Hanna TDS/Temp meter.. they are very close.

BTW.. I use mine for cooking as well.

Van
    lol, this is also a bad thing as i find myself now checking every window, doorway and anything else i can measure to see heat/ cooling loss kidding great tool.

Real Name
    Francis

also re doing my fishroom and just buying equipments slowly and will get one of those infrared thermometer soon.....will keep you updated about that product.....first step to get storage tanks first for aging water

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Francis,
    i will have to check the manufacture. i bought it at aquatic eco systems. have you worked with one before?

Kenny
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Just make sure it's accurate by checking it against a known temp. before you trust it. At the company I use to work at, we had a dozen or more of those things. Nearly every one would give a different reading for the same batch of product. It got so bad we went back to the old fashioned way of sticking a thermometer in the batch.
    Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    lol, this is also a bad thing as i find myself now checking every window, doorway and anything else i can measure to see heat/ cooling loss kidding great tool.
    Hah.. the kids in us. I was playing with the thing for hours the first day I had it. I also use it to heater when I am not sure if they are on or off since some of my older heater light doesn't light up.

Van

thanks Darrell for the heads up. i checked mine initially with a good thermometer but i will keep on it. i think mine can be calibrated. but now that all seems like a waste. good money for something that is not reliable. i am going to design a thermometer that you can actually read. I do not understand why aquarium thermometers are so difficult to read. The range we are looking for only varies 15 degrees through out the whole industry, why can't they make ones that are readable. sorry for the vent but disappointed now.

Kenny