ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to post pics again

Registered Member Discus master's Avatar

Default Trying to post pics again

Ok hopefully this works now, maybe you can help me figure out what strain this is, I bought a turq, red turq, royal blue, and a snake skin. I think this is the snake skin he is young maybe hard to tell but see what you all can do and I hope the imigame shows up, here we go wih the first one, if this works I will try more!

So Many Discus, Not Enough Tanks!

Default Re: Trying to post pics again

Quote Originally Posted by Discus master View Post
    Ok hopefully this works now, maybe you can help me figure out what strain this is, I bought a turq, red turq, royal blue, and a snake skin. I think this is the snake skin he is young maybe hard to tell but see what you all can do and I hope the imigame shows up, here we go wih the first one, if this works I will try more!

OMG! it worked1 a littel blurry but it worked oh thats a blue diakmond in the back ground I think this is the snake skin he told me he had green, blue and brown in the same tank so I am not sure which it is, but I am sure this is the snake skin. Ok I will post more of the others as soon as I find the best ones I got thanks for all the help with getting me to post pics!!

Here is the next one the turq perhaps??

Red Turq or Royal Blue? I think Royal Blue from what I have seen even though it has red in it you would think it would e the red turq every time I see a pic of a royal blue it looks like its got red in it like this one

Looks like a Blue Snakeskin to me, but I'm not a pro at identification. No idea on the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus master View Post
    Here is the next one the turq perhaps??

Ok here is the last one for now think this one is the red turq but not sure?

Let me know what you think in order I think it oes snake skin red green brown not sure, then the turq then the royal blue then the red turq

this is after looking at strains of discus in trying to figure out which one is which, my breeder put them all into one bag for me in a styrofoam container so I am not sure which one is which I will say that when I see pics of the royal blue I have seen them look totally diferent from each other but usually there is some redish color in it, so thats why I think that one is the royal blue and I am guessing this one is the red turq so I know these pics are not the best this is my first time posting pics I hope you can at least give me a good guess as which you think is which oh and I know they are young and that may make it hard as well thanks for all your help!

this may be a better pic of the one I think is a turq? in this pic thouigh IO think I have the actinic lightinf on so I dont know if this makes it easier to tell or harder

I thought I read a post by Al that Blue Snakeskins are a variation on a theme of Blue Turks or vice versa.

IMO, turks center body pattern are more lines than fragmented like their snakeskin cousins. I'm sure those who are more into the name game will lend a hand soon to your question.

Discus = pretty = David as a sucker for buying
    Last edited by David Rose; 06-22-2010 at 03:40 PM.

I am still waiting for help in identifying these babies thank you!

The little sucker is a red turq, then you have a Blue Snake as David pointed out and BlueTurq.

HTH

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    The little sucker is a red turq, then you have a Blue Snake as David pointed out and BlueTurq.

HTH

Eddie
    really the first one is a red turq? thought for sure that would end up being a snake skin in fact somone else posted in my other thread it was a snake skin hmm,

I thought that the one that looked like a red turq was the royal blue and the mainly dark blueish one was the turq I am all confued now.

HTH

Eddie
    now remeber the first two picks are of the same fish just incase you did not notice that its the same pic I acedently posted it twice and the one behind it is a blue diamond!

HTH

Eddie
    Darn it how can the third one the next to last one be a blue turq when it seems to have red in it? this part of the hobby always confused me the most, ha ha and I originally thoight it was a red turq then after seeing pics of royal blue I though ha ah thats what it is after all a royal blue!

I think your confusing everyone with your pictures, I guess it would help if you post them all in 1 post.

From using the names you've provided, they are:

#3 = Blue Snakeskin
    #4 = Red Turq
    #6 = Royal Blue

I'm sure Eddie meant the 'little' one shown on #4 is a Red Turq, a pro like him would never make a mistake from a Snakeskin and a Red turq.

You just have to bare in mind that a Snakeskin has fine looking pattern and have 9-14+ bars.
    Last edited by DiscusKev; 06-25-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: More info.
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusKev View Post
    I think your confusing everyone with your pictures, I guess it would help if you post them all in 1 post.

From using the names you've provided, they are:

#3 = Blue Snakeskin
    #4 = Red Turq
    #6 = Royal Blue

I'm sure Eddie meant the 'little' one shown on #4 is a Red Turq, a pro like him would never make a mistake from a Snakeskin and a Red turq.

You just have to bare in mind that a Snakeskin has fine looking pattern and have 9-14+ bars.
    ok so I think I got it now the first pic I posted is a snake skin? he is the smallest and I accedently posted the same pic in the 2nd picture as well so the top two is of the same fish same pic and he is a snake skin, I think though #3 is a Turq because I only bought one snake skin and sense he is at the top of the list I would say then perhaps the one you say is a Blue snake skin is actually the turq or perhaps the royal blue?
    remeber here is only 4 fish one is a snake skin of some type one is a turq, one is a red turq and then finally there Roayal Blue I am just trying to figure out which is which, sorry if I confused any one with my pics, but you see I could not possibly have two snake skins because he only gave me one of each I picked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast