AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport problem!!!

Registered Member

Default Transport problem!!!

Hi, I have a question to ask you guys! I live in Buffalo N.Y right now and I am planing to buy some fish from kenny but I am moving back to nyc next month! what is the best way to transport them, I was planing just put my tank into the truck and left 1/3 of the water in it and transport them back like that or I just wait for everything to set up after I move back to NYC and then but the fish from Kenny! What do you guys Think?

Default Re: Transport problem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5683 View Post
    Hi, I have a question to ask you guys! I live in Buffalo N.Y right now and I am planing to buy some fish from kenny but I am moving back to nyc next month! what is the best way to transport them, I was planing just put my tank into the truck and left 1/3 of the water in it and transport them back like that or I just wait for everything to set up after I move back to NYC and then but the fish from Kenny! What do you guys Think?

How far of a drive is that? I'd probably do that or use individual buckets for each fish. Thats me though.... The ultimate fail safe method would be to bag them like they are gonna be shipped. Why not just wait until after the move?

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

because I want some fish in my tank right now! I use to have fish in my tank before but I not its empty, I sold all my fish because I went back to Taiwan for a month and no one can take them for me and before I use to do WC and sit at front of the tank and watch them after I got home from work but now I feel so empty, lolx......

because I want some fish in my tank right now! I use to have fish in my tank before but I not its empty, I sold all my fish because I went back to Taiwan for a month and no one can take them for me and before I use to do WC and sit at front of the tank and watch them after I got home from work but now I feel so empty, lolx......

I hear you....I'd probably do it too. LOL
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

it takes 8hrs drive from Buffalo to NYC! so do you seggest me to do it now or wait?

why don't you buy batere air pump is very cheap and more saver. if just put 1/3 is only good for one or two hour
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Real Name
    Walter

it takes 8hrs drive from Buffalo to NYC! so do you seggest me to do it now or wait?
    I'd wait until you've moved and settled in NYC. I'm looking at the point of view that the fish won't have to get acclimated to two different conditions of water and you'll have eliminated any mistakes/ accidents which would occur in transporting the fish - what happens if your car breaks down in the middle? I'm sure you'd regret being stuck somewhere and your fish are suffering either in bags or buckets.

Just my opinion.

Walter
    Walter

Registered Member

Thanks all of your suggestions! I will think about it in these few days!

i would wait it's only a month, i waited six months for mine.
    simple ideas are the ones that works best
    "The only thing that breeds true in humanity, is Stupidity"

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Eric,

How far is your trip going to be? Hans would be the best person to ask regarding this question. At the NADA show he put all his fish into styrofoam boxes and taped them up real good. Then we drove about 1 hour to the show site and the fish were fine. I also know back in the day he used buckets to transport fish to his first shows.
    Last edited by Elite Aquaria; 06-23-2010 at 07:07 AM.

I would just wait. If you just can't wait, I suggest you keep the styrofoam shipping box you get from Kenny, bag the fish, making sure there is a lot of air in the bag, and move them in the styro box. There is a reason, shippers bag fish. The bags have no hard sides, so the fish don't get banged up during transport, and it doesn't take a whole lot of water to keep fish alive in a bag. It's the best way.
    Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Ward View Post
    I would just wait. If you just can't wait, I suggest you keep the styrofoam shipping box you get from Kenny, bag the fish, making sure there is a lot of air in the bag, and move them in the styro box. There is a reason, shippers bag fish. The bags have no hard sides, so the fish don't get banged up during transport, and it doesn't take a whole lot of water to keep fish alive in a bag. It's the best way.
    Ah, ETS (Empty Tank Syndrome). I know it well. I assume you are buying juvies. Just follow Darrell's instructions.

Registered Member

whats the meaning of ETS?

whats the meaning of ETS?
    I think Martha editted her post when you've asked, or you just misread it

Quote Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
    ...ETS (Empty Tank Syndrome)...
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

Registered Member

I'd wait. Moving is a huge amount of work and stress anyway. Consider it a blessing that your tank is empty for the move. You have a great opportunity to get the setup just right before new residents arrive, which is never a bad thing...

Dunno what kind or how many fish you want, but call Kenny, talk it over. Judging from the number of pre-sold fish in the latest shipment, he may just be able to accomodate your desires better if he knows what they are in advance. Not that I'd presume to speak for Kenny, at all, so get Kenny's take on the whole thing before taking any action... He tells it like it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast