ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Bizzare story

Default Bizzare story

My young adult LSS pair, in their honeymoon 75 gallon, started acting very nervous and jumpy. A day or 2 later I was in the room and startled her and she swam in to the glass HARD and started quivering and sinking slowly. She reached the bottom laying on her side shaking like nerves when they are dead or dying. After a minute she came around a bit and started swimming fast in a clockwise tight circle in the mid water column. She started hitting the glass, decor, and the water surface in her violent spin. After 2 or 3 minutes of torture for both me and the fish, I netted her to contain her, and started looking at her face. There was some damage on the face and her eye was popped out of the socket and pointed to the rear. It got me thinking in the way she acted when she swam in circles. So I put pressure on the eye rolled in back to the front where it should have been, and lightly pressed on it, I heard and felt it "pop" back in to place. I put her back in the water she slowing sank to the bottom this time erect and just sat there. I turned the lights off, checked her the next day and she was doing better! Each day better.. She is acting fine now, eating and they have spawned twice since the injury, with low egg count but its on the rise! I had a hard time getting her to eat for a while I think due to the face injury.
    Just wanted to share that
    -Jayhawk

Default Re: Bizzare story

That sounds painful, glad that all ended well, but you sure are brave to play around with that eye socket thing.

Add Pro-More to your concoction to increase her eggs production, I'm sure it will help
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

I thought she was done for, so when I netted her I just thought why not.

thats quite something..glad you were able to help her. hope she continues to get stronger.