AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No food/water 3 weeks pictures

Default No food/water 3 weeks pictures

Here are a few shots of some of the fishes after they went 3 weeks with no food or water changes. None at all. And the last picture is of my Solomons which have literally gone 2 months with no food. Not something I like to say but its amazing how they are are still alive and now they are back to eating again.

Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Default Re: No food/water 3 weeks pictures

I bet they are happy you are feeding them again! I was just talking with someone about how long discus can go without food (If you went on vacation for example) My guess was easily a month with no bad side effects for healthy discus if you left with clean water and good filtration. Yours seem to have held up well.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottthomas View Post
    I bet they are happy you are feeding them again! I was just talking with someone about how long discus can go without food (If you went on vacation for example) My guess was easily a month with no bad side effects for healthy discus if you left with clean water and good filtration. Yours seem to have held up well.

Yeah, alot has to do with the water composition and the fishes overall health. None of my fish have worms, since I deworm periodically and I fortified the water before I left, with added minerals. Seemed to have done the trick indeed.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Good to see some pictures Eddie Love the way how that Solomon middle bar stands out, it enhances its overall beauty, is that the only one showing that?

As usual, I like your discus collection, epic stuff
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Wow, maybe there is hope after all for my one discus who refuses to eat for about 6 weeks now. It still looks great, and is thick and colorful like yours. Glad to hear yours started eating again, hope mine does too.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Thanks Kev and Barb! There are 4 of them that show the 5th bar more, really depends on their mood. There is some hope for sure Barb! I really thought they were goners. I was this close [] to scrapping them and starting fresh with a new group but I am gonna wait it out, now that they are eating. I am sure I can get some offspring from them so I am content with that. It does suck that they got set back though, it was my fault.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by scottthomas View Post
    I was just talking with someone about how long discus can go without food
    Lol, I'm one of the someones. This was a side topic of conversation at our first SEDE meeting today. While none of us find it ideal to leave our fish unattended for a period of time it happens occasionally. My biggest worry would be if I had juvies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
    Lol, I'm one of the someones. This was a side topic of conversation at our first SEDE meeting today. While none of us find it ideal to leave our fish unattended for a period of time it happens occasionally. My biggest worry would be if I had juvies.

Yeah and apparently 7 days with no food was not ideal for my little ones. I figured what the hell, but I wont be doing that again. Plus I think the wife was doing a piss poor job with the fry anways. Its alright though....no Victoria Secret this time around. LOL
    Visit Eddie's Place

Wow !! nice and fat LOL
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Man, guess these guys couldn't wait. After 4 days of TLC, tiny little batch. LOL

Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    None of my fish have worms, since I deworm periodically and I fortified the water before I left, with added minerals. Seemed to have done the trick indeed.
    Hi Eddie!

Good to hear the fish made it! I'm always worried about what would happen if I left on vacation for 2 weeks. I can trust an autofeeder, but I can't trust my neighbor

How often do you deworm? With what?

What do you mean by "fortifying the water?" Minerals?

I will be in the same situation one day and I'd love to put my mind at ease while I'm away!

Cheers
    -Aaron

x2 on Aaron's questions. I'd like to do a preventative treatment on my display tank before I put the contest fish in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
    Hi Eddie!

Good to hear the fish made it! I'm always worried about what would happen if I left on vacation for 2 weeks. I can trust an autofeeder, but I can't trust my neighbor

How often do you deworm? With what?

What do you mean by "fortifying the water?" Minerals?

I will be in the same situation one day and I'd love to put my mind at ease while I'm away!

Cheers
    -Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    x2 on Aaron's questions. I'd like to do a preventative treatment on my display tank before I put the contest fish in there.

Hey there guys! I simply deworm fish every 2-3 months with a round of de-worming flake from AngelPlus. I do not follow their suggested guidelines, which is a 10 routine where the fish are only fed once, every other day. Instead, I follow a routine where I feed the fish 2-3 times each day for 4 days, only with the medicated flake.

As far as adding minerals to the water, I used Seachem Cichlid Salts and Calcium Chloride to bring up the gH and a bag of Coral Calcium was placed in each tank. Reasoning for this is my tap water is super soft, very little gh and no kH. When I got home, all the fish were happy as hippos. They were not fed once the entire time and went 3 weeks like some champs. When I got home, I did 50% water changes on all tanks with straight tap and removed the coral calcium bags. The next day I did a 100% water change straight from tap and all the fish were spawning, laying eggs on the tank floors/walls ANYWHERE!! LOL

All the best fellas,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Hey there guys! I simply deworm fish every 2-3 months with a round of de-worming flake from AngelPlus. I do not follow their suggested guidelines, which is a 10 routine where the fish are only fed once, every other day. Instead, I follow a routine where I feed the fish 2-3 times each day for 4 days, only with the medicated flake.

As far as adding minerals to the water, I used Seachem Cichlid Salts and Calcium Chloride to bring up the gH and a bag of Coral Calcium was placed in each tank. Reasoning for this is my tap water is super soft, very little gh and no kH. When I got home, all the fish were happy as hippos. They were not fed once the entire time and went 3 weeks like some champs. When I got home, I did 50% water changes on all tanks with straight tap and removed the coral calcium bags. The next day I did a 100% water change straight from tap and all the fish were spawning, laying eggs on the tank floors/walls ANYWHERE!! LOL

All the best fellas,

Eddie
    Seems like your doing a great job Eddie. Check your PM
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

Only you have the touch Eddie your not even around and they look great lol.
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast