AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: My new Koi angelfish!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default My new Koi angelfish!

Thought you might like to see my newest angelfish. I have kept angels for a long time but these are my first Koi angels. I realize they are a "manufactured" color of angel and not at all natural, but I just love the colors anyway. These are in QT until much larger and they can join the others in my 75 gal angel tank which is fully planted and scaped. They arrived in a styro box by UPS on a very hot day 2 weeks ago. Did not mind the very warm water a bit. I feed them the same high quality foods my discus get and they have grown a lot in just 2 weeks.
    Barb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Default Re: My new Koi angelfish!

Very nice Barb.
    Darrell

Nice!!! Can never really take angelfish out of ones system, huh?!!
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Registered Member

Very Nice! Who raised them?

I'm getting my angels from Mellowaquatics in Pennsylvania. Great fish and great service!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member

Very very nice angels, good shape and fins , and great orange body coverage which is really rare in angels in the uk
    All the best
    Sid

Nice Barb...how many Angels do you have in total? I've never been able to keep Angels, but do well with Discus...go figure Of course, I haven't tried since I was in my teens.

Quote Originally Posted by discusscotland View Post
    Very very nice angels, good shape and fins , and great orange body coverage which is really rare in angels in the uk
    Thanks Sid! Tell me about the angels you have available in the UK. Do you keep angels also?
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Nice Barb...how many Angels do you have in total? I've never been able to keep Angels, but do well with Discus...go figure Of course, I haven't tried since I was in my teens.
    Hi David, I have a 75 gal tank (my former discus tank) that is fully planted, graveled, wooded and rocked , and there are 14 full or almost full grown angels in it. I will take a pic of it one of these days and add it to this thread. I feel sure that if you can do discus you can surely do angels .
    Barb

Registered Member

HiBarb
    We have most types available in the uk , but ive never seen ones as good as your koi , they are awesome
    Im breeding Zebra lace veils at the moment , fry will be freeswimming very soon .
    Here some pics of my angels im working with
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All the best
    Sid

They look great Sid! And talk about a large spawn, wow, that is a whole lot of fry to raise. That's a wonderful pic of all the young. You must sell them there in Scotland? By the way, we have always wanted to visit your country and hope to some day.
    Barb

Registered Member

yes it a huge spawn , they are good parents too , and do most of the work , i just feed and water change lol.
    yes I have a few people who buy off me , helps pay the bills for this expensive hobby we have eh???
    Scotland is a great place , you should come over for sure , I love the usa aswell , been twice and desperate to come back over
    All the best
    Sid