AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Sliding to the right....

Default Sliding to the right....

The upcoming August meeting may need to slide to the right a bit.

For some reason this month has been incredibly busy for me with work and I have been traveling all over the place. First, a trip to Bahrain. Next, a trip to San Clemente Island. Now I'm headed to Mayport Florida next week. That being said, I'm not comfortable setting a date for the August meet just yet. I still have a lot to do before I can host a meeting.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven;t forgotten about our next meeting, just dealing with some of life's punches at the moment. As soon as I know more, I'll post up!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Sliding to the right....

lol I thought by the title that this was going to be about politics. What could a Discus club have to do with politics, thought I. Had to take a look see. Hope you get life sorted soon, Chad.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Hughes View Post
    Now I'm headed to Mayport Florida next week.
    Chad that is in my neck of the woods. It is about a 5 hour drive. Let me know if you want to make the trip. If so, I can dust off the BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    lol I thought by the title that this was going to be about politics. What could a Discus club have to do with politics, thought I. Had to take a look see. Hope you get life sorted soon, Chad.
    Liz,

I steer clear of political chit chat on the forum. It typically doesn't go well. I can see how you may have gotten the idea from. Bad title? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Aquaria View Post
    Chad that is in my neck of the woods. It is about a 5 hour drive. Let me know if you want to make the trip. If so, I can dust off the BBQ.
    Dan,

Sounds like a great idea! Would love to meet and hang out. I'll let you know once I get in the area and see what my work related responsibilities will be. Sometimes I have to be very hands on and other times I do a lot of "consulting". LOL! I was actually planning to take some time to visit family in Orlando and Deltona while I was there as well.

I'll be in touch!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

Chad, that's okay. I have been quite busy lately. Perhaps October would be better ?

Any updates?

It looks like I personally will not be able to host anything in San Diego until after the first of the year. Work related travel has had me all over the place lately and I'm smack in the middle of renovating my living room. Travel has slowed now but now I'm rushing to complete the renovations before I have a housefull for the holidays.

After the first of the year I'll post up a series of dates that we, as a group, can decide which is best for everyone to have a meeting in San Diego. This is going to be a great time! I apologize for the delay and appreciate everyone's continued interest.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm so excited to go to this next meeting!
    I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I love the idea of finally meeting other people that appreciate Discus like I do and that share my addiction! WoOt!!!
    Melissa

Just be yourself. The people who matter, won't mind.
    And the people who mind, won't matter.

Yeah, I think I'm draggin my daughter along. We've settled on buying a 180 gal and she's going to be my partner on building it. Someone else had posted a pic of an award winning tank and we're going to recreate it. I don't expect to be able to populate it until after the first of the year, so this might work out perfectly. Still making a run to Chad's in Nov though, I might find something I'll want now
    Anthony