AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: what else can i keep?

Registered Member

Default what else can i keep?

Sadly today my female turq went to fish heaven. Its been a long haul with this fish but now she does not have to suffer anymore.

Anyhow, now my cobalt blue male whom is about 4 years old now is by himself. I had him by himself when I first got him for the first 2 years of his life.

In the tank of 46 gal I have a few neons, rummynoses, catfish, bristlenose plecos.

I would like to add another feature fish with him but don't know if a young Angelfish would be the right choice.

I would like to ask what other fish could I put with him that would blend well and get along well with him??

Another Discus is out of the question, we don't have them here and to bring in a school of them I am not wanting to do that, I plan on just keeping him.
    Palue

Default Re: what else can i keep?

Sorry to hear Palue.. you could mix angel with discus but not a breeder pair
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Registered Member

I was just thinking of one young angelfish. Do you think it would bother the discus?? He is huge the size of a small dinner plate.

I just thought they would look nice together, would you add this fish soon since he is by himself after I QT it??

I am thinking it might work better to do this sooner than later??
    Palue

not likely to bother at all, but monitoring behavior with any addition is important!
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Registered Member

Thank You
    Palue

Do you know why your other fish died? I recommend you quarantine the new arrival for several weeks at least.

Registered Member

Hello, yes I will QT anything new I get. To answer your questions about this fish I guess it will be a mystery as I did everything possible for her and I guess sometimes we just will never know the reason. The male is fine, huge healthy eats well etc. He seems to be adjusting very well at this point I was worried he would just go into a corner and not eat or anything but it looks as if he is doing well. So I am glad for this, he was my very first discus and my only discus for 2 years before I got the other ones.
    Palue