AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus - Jacksonville NC (+-2 hr)

Default Re: Discus - Jacksonville NC (+-2 hr)

Many will do only a minimum 6 fish order and shipping deals aren't an option, they are what they are...
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Javia.. 4-8 discus WITH SHIPPING AND!!!! UNDER $100.. not going to happen.. sorry.. just save your money and wait to do it right..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

Well it was going to happen because I had two people locally, but they both backed out.

I mean if I can find someone and not pay shipping I can get 4 fish at $25 each and still be around $100. Shipping is usually between $30 - 50 which I feel is a waste. I am not rich lol I hate throwing away money for shipping. I know it sounds bad but that is how I feel

That is why I am trying to find someone locally..... I do not feel the statement save your money and do it right is a great statement, but thanks for the advice.

A person I was going to buy them was treated poorly on this site now he has left the site and told me he would rather use them as feeders than to sell them to anyone on this website.
    Jennifer Alicia

LOL>>> you started this thread Sept. 21.. but maybe the $50 in shipping maybe would have been money will spent.. but i am with you on getting locally.. more money for fish.. but for the price you want to get. you are looking to get fish 2" or less.. they would require LOTS Of TIME and ENERGY> plus lots of food...! good luck with your search..

and for the person.. that would rather have his discus be feeders.. then sell here.. let him/her.. they are silly for saying/feeling like that..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Real Name
    Matt

This is the time I wish Eric was still in the hobby! I wish I had a better suggestion but there are not to many around these parts, even hobbyist breeders. If I could ever get some fry i'd help you out but no such luck yet.

Actionville USA! Haha, Lejeune? Well good luck with your search! I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.
    -Matt

Registered Member

Discus-n00b - Yeah you know the place well, huh?
    My husband is a marine so you know the drill..... He is actually stationed at New River.

warlock4169 - I know I could get fish on one of my travels, I am just scared to travel with them, lol. I am willing to do the work required with babies, I actually think it would be amazing to watch them grow. I am even planning on making my own food. Plus when I created this post in sept I was looking to get them around this time, I was not ready in Sept.

I can handle animal related challenges. When we got my chameleon she was less than 2" now she is 7", it was SO difficult to feed her because the crickets were too big, LOL!

It will happen eventually. Patience is a virtue.
    Jennifer Alicia

Hi JaVia. I was in Jacksonville about 9 years ago for some training. Not a lot around there. I think you're kind of stuck on finding a breeder in NC.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess your husband is a Marine? If that's the case and he goes out of town a lot, you might consider having him pick some up somewhere on the way home. I've considered the same thing out here in CA as the discus breeders aren't really local for me either. I'm actually supposed to see Chad Hughes at San Diego Discus Hatchery in a couple of weeks because I'm going to the area to visit my parents.

As far as finding 6-8 for $100, I think you're going to be out of luck no matter where you look. The cheapest I've found randomly on craigslist is $15ea. Me personally, I'd just save up for a while.

One final thought, Aquatic Creations Group in Raleigh receives Stendkers from Discus Hans. That would probably be your best bet for quality Discus. The Stendker dealer out here is priced decently, I'd give the dealer out there a call and see what they can do for you. Best of luck!
    Anthony

Registered Member

Yea, he is a marine... Not really many other professions in this town, lol. My husband is out of town more than most, but usually it is he is sleeping in a tent in the middle of no where... He is going to be in Cali starting next week for training until December.

But, I got set on it local breeders because two people had offered and it was going to work out but people back out for whatever reasons, you know....

I am going to save I am just tired of having empty tanks. It seems every time I save something comes up. I saved quite a bit then my stupid vehicle had to go to the shop AGAIN. So I guess I will just have to see....

But, thanks.
    Jennifer Alicia

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I live just an hr. drive from you but none of my 12 full grown discus has had any interest in breeding. Maybe they are all male or all female. But if they do I will keep you in mind. Come for a visit!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I bought JaVia's Discus four months ago... lol

Nice! I was just out there a couple of weeks ago. I'd venture to say you probably got a good deal because there still aren't many discus dealers out that way!
    Anthony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12