AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solomon Pair II

Default Re: Solomon Pair II

Worse then cleaning the tank, he now color coordinates the sides and back of the tank to the fish!! Go Eddie...
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Worse then cleaning the tank, he now color coordinates the sides and back of the tank to the fish!! Go Eddie...
    LOL, you know Mark...I like to color coordiante.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Very nice Eddie!
    Discus keeping.....A hobby for life.
    Keeping Discus since October 25/2003

Registered Member

I know its off topic from the great fish you posted i was just curious Eddie how long you have been keeping discus for? I see alot of people on this forum are always coming to you for advice. Have you learned everything you know from experience of keeping discus?

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I know its off topic from the great fish you posted i was just curious Eddie how long you have been keeping discus for? I see alot of people on this forum are always coming to you for advice. Have you learned everything you know from experience of keeping discus?
    Hey there Nick, no problem buddy. I first started keeping discus back in 1996 but only for a stint of less than a year, then I started again in 2004 for almost 2 years and this time I got into it pretty hardcore from 2008. I have read many many books on discus keeping and I have learned the majority of my skill from the great members of this forum, past and present. Due to some very unfortunate events in 2009, I started honing my skills in the disease/treatment area and to this day I enjoy saving people's fish. Every time someone's fish gets sick, its like my fish are sick and I give everything I got to try and save them. I've gained alot of experience from walking people through disease treatment and prevention. This past summer I had the greatest experience at the 2010 NADA show, where I learned judging techniques from John Nicholson, Larry Matincheck and Dick Au. The 2010 NADA show was amazing and I am already looking forward to the 2012 show. Hope that covers it!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Great Job Eddie
    everytime I look on this site, I see you trying to help people out. THis site is very fortunate to have someone who cares so much about the discus we all keep. You give a lot of time to this passion of ours and I am sure you have helped many members keep there fish alive......so thank you to yourself and all the other more experienced people who lend a hand to the less experienced people out there.....take care and good luck with your solomans....nice looking fish.....
    Last edited by dean9922; 11-04-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Registered Member

Beautiful pair. I have 2 rose reds that are showing signs of pairing up, her breeding tube has droped and she is cleaning everything. unfortunately my fish are not very happy and never have been really. I am new to discus (1 yr in) and new to this form so as soon as i figure out how to contact u I am hopeing you will be able to help with my issues so i might be able to have beautiful, happy fish to.

Quote Originally Posted by dean9922 View Post
    Great Job Eddie
    everytime I look on this site, I see you trying to help people out. THis site is very fortunate to have someone who cares so much about the discus we all keep. You give a lot of time to this passion of ours and I am sure you have helped many members keep there fish alive......so thank you to yourself and all the other more experienced people who lend a hand to the less experienced people out there.....take care and good luck with your solomans....nice looking fish.....
    Thanks Dean!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Beautiful pair. I have 2 rose reds that are showing signs of pairing up, her breeding tube has droped and she is cleaning everything. unfortunately my fish are not very happy and never have been really. I am new to discus (1 yr in) and new to this form so as soon as i figure out how to contact u I am hopeing you will be able to help with my issues so i might be able to have beautiful, happy fish to.
    Sure thing, just let me know how I can help.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Hey Eddie,

Very nice pair.......I noticed the silicone glue has a greenish/blue color to it. Is that something you did or just visual trickery from the photos. Either way, I like the look.
    Last edited by PAR23; 11-05-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Pete
    MAGA

Registered Member

I would greatly appreciate your knowledge with my discus, I just dont know where to post my issues to You. I had a hard time finding this thread again. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by PAR23 View Post
    Hey Eddie,

Very nice pair.......I noticed the silicone glue has a greenish/blue color to it. Is that something you did or just visual trickery from the photos. Either way, I like the look.
    LOL, no no my friend, thats actually stained from previous treatments with Malachite Green. Its an old tank and has held several different pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    I would greatly appreciate your knowledge with my discus, I just dont know where to post my issues to You. I had a hard time finding this thread again. LOL.
    No problem, I'd say to send me a PM but you can't yet because of the forum rules. You have to post 10-15 posts before you can PM. Go ahead and post here.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

ok great Here is the story from the begining and for a yr now. At first with my first discus of 14 babys some died over a short time i was left with 6. They grew, but seemed irritated rubbing on things, going on,off food. had them in and out of a QT. medicated with lots of different things and when they were eating and looking better put them back in the main. My biggest one 3-4in now was never off its food and about a month ago darted all over flashing and smashing into things, he hid for the rest of the day till super time, he ate very well then threw it up 5 mins later darted till he died I put the others in a different tank and striped the main down and bleached it all out. reset up and put new discus fish in. All was good for 2 weeks and now it is starting again. the tank was cycled before i put the new fish in. The 3 old discus have paired up she layed eggs last night for the 1st time, he ate them but they are still irritated. Im thinking it is a water problem. I have well water hardness is Gh 8, iron 1ppm, tds 188. and kh is 10, ph 8.0. The house has a softener, it uses potassium base salt(raised angels in it no prob) Gh 0, iron 0, tds 244, ph 8.0, kh 10. this is the water they r in now.

Hmm, it does sound like a water issue. More than likely related to the water softener. Can you bypass the softener at all?
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

with the 1st batch i did try 50% well & 50% r/o for a few months, nothing changed so i went back to softener water thinking it had to be gill flukes or something. I donot have a r/o unit and with 50% water ch every 2nd day or more at times it was hard to pack. so I know the new discus were not sick when i got them here in town & they r now flashing in a tank that has only had them in it. It has to be the water I think. what would u do? I cant go straight r/o. plus my dad is going through the samething we have bought our fish together he lives about 45 mins from me he is on community water, the one thing that is the same is the softener that is why we tryed the r/o mix. I just dont know what to do. Any advise would be great. thank you very much for your time.

Registered Member

would u sugest trying them i straight well water? i was talking to a breeder in Winipeg. He thinks it is my well water because it is off and on, more bad than good. He thinks its something getting in to the well during rains and whatnot. I live in B.C on property.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast