AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big thankyou!

Default A big thankyou!

Donations here on the forum are uncommon in todays digital world. I think people just dont realize forums and websites actually pay for servers and software. Social media like Facebook is free because they sell your info, your browsing history,etc. I don't do that and never will. I have turned away potential sponsors that wanted emails and marketing info. I Pay our server costs from our sponsors and donations and make up the difference from blackworm sales. I do not collect a salary from the forum either. This has always been the case.

So who am I thanking here.? I am thanking the many people who in their own way have helped me keep the board running for soooooo Loooong. PAT, BRIAN,LIZ,and Jake.. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do.Thank you also to all mods and Admins before you. RYAN ... I know you don't keep fish anymore but you will always be the other half of SimplyDiscus. ..and Paul and Steve ,you as as well made your mark. Apologies if I miss someone..if you were a mod or admin... I am indebted to you.

Thank you to all who have donated to the forum,bought memberships and sent in what little you had.. you all helped keep us going.

Thank you to our sponsors. I know you do not need to Support Simply but I am glad you do... You show you care more about the hobby than the dollar in my eyes.

Lastly, thank you to those of you that do not even keep discus anymore yet you take the time and find the funds to support this community. TRULY there is no one more deserving of praise than someone that has nothing to gain yet gives so much.

I am reminded again today by how great our community is.

Best and warmest wishes everyone!

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 12-19-2023 at 08:58 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: A big thankyou!

Awe Al, I am here due to you and for the fish lol. It's your honest and fair way you run this place and care for the members here. I am honored to be part of your team and the rest of the team are amazing folks. Our members are amazing folks also. I am proud but humble to be here and couldn't ask a better community of people
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

AL, I have always liked the way you have operated this website that's why I returned after a 15 year absence. Keep up the great work!!!!

Real Name
    Brian

Although I was MIA for a few years, I've been here almost since the beginning and I was honored to first become a moderator early on and then trusted with the keys while you and Pat were experiencing some personal down time. It's always been a thrill!!

We have a good bunch of people here, as always, and I hope this place is around for a long, long time!!!

Real Name
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Awe Al, I am here due to you and for the fish lol. It's your honest and fair way you run this place and care for the members here. I am honored to be part of your team and the rest of the team are amazing folks. Our members are amazing folks also. I am proud but humble to be here and couldn't ask a better community of people
    Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Although I was MIA for a few years, I've been here almost since the beginning and I was honored to first become a moderator early on and then trusted with the keys while you and Pat were experiencing some personal down time. It's always been a thrill!!

We have a good bunch of people here, as always, and I hope this place is around for a long, long time!!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for all that you do for us as well, Al!

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Thanks for all your sacrifices Al and the others you mentioned. It's very time consuming keeping Simply afloat!
    Kraig

Real Name
    JACK AGLIATA

A big thank you too from an old timer with you , SDF and in real life!!! I continue to recommend SDF on the Discus groups I belong to, like All About Discus, and on the discus groups I was once part of before being banned! From the numbers I see of "viewing" it seems like the Forum has taken off, pushed along by all the nonsense and BS on the Facebook group pages!! CONTINUED SUCCESS!

Thanks guys!

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

SD has the best information on discus by far and run by knowledgeable helpful individuals.

Thanks Mike!

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Thanks Al for this website and all you do. I am indebted to this website simply by the money saved as a result of the advice given by so many on here. This site is invaluable to anyone keeping discus imho.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    Thanks Al for this website and all you do. I am indebted to this website simply by the money saved as a result of the advice given by so many on here. This site is invaluable to anyone keeping discus imho.
    Thank you very much Ricky!

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

This is a great place! Thanks Al and to the rest of those who make this place reality!
    Kraig

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Come Discus View Post
    This is a great place! Thanks Al and to the rest of those who make this place reality!
    I agree 100%. Best place on tbe web for Discus nutz.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Or just nutz.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast