ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a ORA blue mandarin

Default Re: Just got a ORA blue mandarin

Well done. I love mandarins. There was one at my LFS for a few months.I allways watched him for atleast 10 mins beautifull. Untill they killed it. One day I will keep some after pioneers like you do the hard work for me. Is the colour as intense as the wilds or do they look different.

Amazing colors !!one of my favoirte marines
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Thanks Vera. I once saw a starving mandarin in a LFS, and vowed never to buy one because I didnt want to support a trade in a fish that clearly was so unhappy in captivity (didnt know how to eat processed food). Once this tank bred variety came out, I was so psyched. I think I have two of the earliest ones that were released. Both were tiny when I brought them home, but I think my training in extreme diligenec from learning to keep discus really helped them. I watched them so closely, fed them often, and was so consistent that, despite some horror stories of other people's bad experience with these early releases (they also starved), mine both increased their weight. They are very acclimated to me now. I do want to add that. despite their "captive bred" identity, they are still extremely high maintenance, and require lots of interaction and care. If you want a marine fish that you can plop into a tank, fed minimally to prevent algae bloom, and basically let it be, then I would suggest getting a clown fish. The mandarins are very very difficult in terms of care.

Registered Member

Congratulations, lovely fish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12