AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ideas needed for Fish Room

Tito

Default Re: Ideas needed for Fish Room

Quote Originally Posted by Yboat View Post
    A easy solution is to have them core out a section of the wall at the far end( above the gate at the far end) and direct the water there.

I never like to have rain water discharge inside a structure.

For me being able to draw things out saves me lots of time.
    Tha's an excellent idea - just hope that the other side is not a property because that really is the best solution. I agree rainwater going straight down to that gutter not the best option.

Registered Member

Even if it went into a discharge pipe, its still a bad idea. Thats creating a great place for a leak, which would be inside the structure.

Tito

Quote Originally Posted by Yboat View Post
    Even if it went into a discharge pipe, its still a bad idea. Thats creating a great place for a leak, which would be inside the structure.
    I dont' think this guy can build a roof that will overhang into the other property. His choices are well - not many if any at all.

Registered Member

if you do a good job of coving it, then put a metal top cap on it, with a membrain or a paper and rock you will be ok.

The main reason why "flat roofs" leak is do to them not draining well.

Registered Member

I feel like we do have a good starting point. Once I figure some details out (including costs) I will post on the roofing progress, likely asking questions as new problems surface.

I'm willing to hire someone qualified to do the job.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

Registered Member

I've been having a lot of work lately (which is good).

I talked to my wife about moving the Planted Discus Breeding Tanks to this project, I even showed her some ideas from this thread. Her reaction took me by surprise: "Why are you going to take those beautiful fish out of our house? No way, I love the fish too you know?".

When I argued about keeping only the best looking tanks at home, for aesthetics, she looked at me and stated this: "Well we better get them nice looking tanks and stands but even if we don't it's our place so we keep our fish with us".

That means that I will keep the first stage of my "Planted Discus Breeding Project" at home (that means another fishroom thread) but I will need enough space to grow the offspring. This will be the purpose of the project we're working on this thread: Grow up tanks for Discus juveniles.

I may breed some Rainbowfish species there if the temperature allows it.

I expect to talk to a "maestro constructor" tomorrow. Once I have a quotation of the undulated tin roof I'll get back to you.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

Registered Member

I talked to an architect friend of mine (specializes in environmentally friendly designs) who suggest using undulated tin roof and solving the heat problem with adequate ventilation design. He's going to check my solution for it.

We could use air extraction fans and also take advantage of the way air moves through this alley.

This will be a grow station for fish I will breed at home. That means we need to work on the planning stage of my new apartment's fishroom where the Planted Discus Breeding project will be set, thankfully to my dear wife.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345