ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 155g Discus aquarium with AquaTerra 3D background (picture heavy).

Default Re: 155g planted Discus aquarium with AquaTerra 3D background (picture heavy).

Sweet set up! Come over to my place an help me when it's time!
    Anthony

Default Re: 155g planted Discus aquarium with AquaTerra 3D background (picture heavy).

Quote Originally Posted by inmisawa View Post
    Sweet set up! Come over to my place an help me when it's time!
    Thanks! According to Google maps, you're only about 6 hours away. Sure, I'll just drop on by!

Registered Member

Super Nice...great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
    Thanks! According to Google maps, you're only about 6 hours away. Sure, I'll just drop on by!
    Haha, you live about 5 mins away from a really good friend of mine. Maybe I should visit her and stop by to check out your setup
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by R1_Ridah View Post
    Super Nice...great job.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Haha, you live about 5 mins away from a really good friend of mine. Maybe I should visit her and stop by to check out your setup
    Absolutely! Let me know when you're up here next.

Here's some of the better pictures that my friend took with his camera. I acquired three more Discus since these pictures were taken. I'll try to get a few shots of the new guys with my camera.

Five of eight, with a Clown and a Yoyo visible too.

Is this one a "pigeon"? This is the first Discus I bought and 'he' owns the tank! My daughter named 'him' Zeus.

My wife fell in love with this one. My daughter is convinced this one is a "she". She tends to hang around Zeus.

A Leopard skin:

A Cobalt blue and just, the top of a Snake skin. I just realized I don't have a clear closeup picture of the Snake skin.

Sweet selection! Where did you get your discus?
    Anthony

Registered Member

Very nice tank. keep up the good work

Sweet selection! Where did you get your discus?
    Two different local fish stores in Sacramento. The majority from Jojo Aquarium. It is a small store but they are starting work on expanding into available space next door. Andy is very passionate about 'his' Discus! He has nets that are only used to catch the Discus, along with other pieces of equipment that never touch the other aquariums or fish. And the others from Aqua Workz.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Very nice tank. keep up the good work
    Thank you Chef! I will do my best.

Registered Member

I hope for yours and your fishes sake you have been Quarentining new fish ;0)

Quote Originally Posted by RudeDogg1 View Post
    I hope for yours and your fishes sake you have been Quarentining new fish ;0)
    Got a 20 gallon for the task.

Registered Member

Good lad

Registered Member

oh my god, wonderful Tank, god pless you

Registered Member

Hi. Great job so far! I had a question about your filteration though. I've been looking at the Rena filters and from what I understand of them, the Rena XP3 should be able to handle your tank on its own. Why did you choose two powerful filters? Also, did you condisder using something like the Fluval FX5? I'm going to be getting a 180 here soon and I'm trying to figure out what type of filter to get so your thoughts may help me out. Thanks!
    I have a 180g and started with just an FX5 in my planted tank as soon as the FX5 was available in the US. Eventually it seemed it was just not quite handling the load for my tastes and I ended up putting a cascade 1200 canister filter down there also--the 2 of them together are giving me what I need. I do believe in overfiltering when you are running significant plant and fish load. I have been running it this way for years and it works nicely. Hope that helps.
    Best regards,
    Harriett
    Last edited by Harriett; 10-26-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaled View Post
    oh my god, wonderful Tank, god pless you
    Thank you Khaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Harriett View Post
    I do believe in overfiltering when you are running significant plant and fish load.
    Ditto!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast