ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 120 Gallon Getting started

Default Re: 120 Gallon Getting started

ok - so over the weekend - I tried to get all the algae out. I tossed any drift wood and/or plants that had anything on it. I siphoned the top layer of my gravel trying to get any spots that had it. The tank looks kinda empty but at the same point I like it. I'll have to wait & see if this worked or not. Hopefully, non of that algae comes back. Cross your fingers. Here are some new pics of the change:

Thanks for looking

Everything is good w/ the new arrivals. I followed Kenny's quarantine & have 1 of my Discus in the tank & all is well. So, probably this weekend (Sunday??) the new guys will be in the 120. Will take some pics than & post them up (if they aren't 2 piss'd from the change).

As promise some pics w/ everybody in the display tank. cross your fingers but everyone seems to be happy & no issues. Remember this is w/ my iPhone - pics are ok but not perfect.

As always I suck at taking pics.

Well I lost 1 of my Virgin Reds but everybody else is doing fine. Going to do a big water change tonight

We got eggs. 2 of my Kenny Discus have paired up it seems. Red Turquoise & Penang Eruption. These pics are horrible & about a week old. The eggs only made it a few days before someone ate'em. Just thought it was pretty cool.

Registered Member

Beautiful discus! Love all the wood too!

Quote Originally Posted by nguyenp209 View Post
    Beautiful discus! Love all the wood too!
    Thank you very much. I need to post so new pics. Pulled some plants added new ones, but knock on wood everyone is doing fine.

I even had wigglers from the pair that paired up. Didn't make it, but I'm not really trying.

Everything is going well. No issues (knock on wood). I keep having wigglers from the 2. I will be doing a pretty big water change this weekend. Hopefully get some new pics up. Also, planted some Baby Tears - hoping they will "carpet" the front of the tank.

No recent pics. Everybodies seems pretty happy. Fighting green water. Turn lights off & have been doing water changes every other day. Its weird but once a year have this issue. Sun must be just in the right spot. Sucks

Had some issues. Lost 4 fish. My PH kept spiking to 7.8/8.0 for about 2 weeks. Fish were darking up & laying on the bottom. Moved to the hospital tank. Fixed all my water perimeters in display tank. Everybodys back. So got everything fixed & ready to go. Ordered some new fish from Kenny. So, will post up some new pics shortly.

It has been awhile since I posted up some pics. Didn't realize its been that long. Lost some fish, gained some fish. My plants look great. Ordering 2 maybe 3 new discus from Kenny. But I will post some pics up soon.

Well it has been a while. I recently bought a new house (new to me). Unfortunately, the move did not go well at all. I lost most of my plants, all my discus (except 1), both bushing nose plecos, some tetras, and a few snails. Plus, the movers cracked my tank. Just really a bad experience. I was really bummed. So, for a while I had only 1 discus in a 37 gallon tank w/ some tetras, snails, and some shrimp. I am still fighting with the movers about my 120 gallon tank. The good news - I came across a 180 gallon tank at a great price (used). Stand, tank lights the works. I can't set it up right away but hopefully in the next 90 days - I'll be back in business. Once things started going I'll post a link and new tread on the set up. So maybe a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789