AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not exactly a rookie, but still a newbie when it comes to discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Not exactly a rookie, but still a newbie when it comes to discus

So you think I should leave this guy alone for now and get tank raised?

Registered Member

Has anybody had any experience with this breeder/importer, if so please post feed back

http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusRob View Post
    Thanks Skip,

What about the wild caught, price is right even factoring in shipping????

Wilds are just as easy as domestics, the ticker with both is that they need to come from a good source.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Thanks Eddie, I posted a link to a non sponsor, didn't want to, but wanted to find out if anyone has dealt with them, they came highly recommended from Doc who use to write for TFH, the message is waiting on mod approval

I have 25 years of fishkeeping but never discus. I set up my 120 gal. and went with wilds. five months later they are all doing great. got 8 Rio Nanay's from John at snookn21. fish were 5"+ and healthy. he is a sponsor here and my fish were 50.00 each. if cared for properly they are no harder to keep than domestics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Wilds are just as easy as domestics, the ticker with both is that they need to come from a good source.
    if they need RO water.. then thats TOO MUCH for me! Tap is great!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

I know I will be ordering from John, I talked with via e-mail, and I can't beat the 3 = quality, price and shipping, he's in ft. myers and I'm in Jacksonville. I love the guy.

I know I will be ordering from John, I talked with via e-mail, and I can't beat the 3 = quality, price and shipping, he's in ft. myers and I'm in Jacksonville. I love the guy.

Good move buddy!
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

He does have some beautiful stock, I've just got to get the tank right first, must be patient

Registered Member

Eddie, been going through your threads, you seem to have some magic hands when it comes to discus, you've got some beautiful discus, can't wait to finish going through the threads.

Eddie, been going through your threads, you seem to have some magic hands when it comes to discus, you've got some beautiful discus, can't wait to finish going through the threads.

LOL, funny, its because I have learned from great teachers on here.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    LOL, funny, its because I have learned from great teachers on here.
    Then you may call be Grasshopper

Registered Member

Here's a bit of good news, I've been dealing with an algea bloom for He77 for the last couple of weeks, came home tonight and turned on the lights, and wow, I can actually see into my tank, I'm excited, have no idea what caused it, or for that matter what cured it, but its gone

Registered Member

Hi!
    I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
    http://moviesonlineworld.com

Registered Member

A few things have changed over the last couple years, got wrapped in victorian cichlids, still going to have 55 dedicated to 2 species, in the process of rehoming 2 more, going to turn the 75 into a discus tank.

Standard 48" natural daylight fl bulb, Wet/dry turning the tank about 5 times per hour and a pool filter sand substrate.

Talk to me people

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast