ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Has anyone had experience from SunriseTropicals.com

Default Has anyone had experience from SunriseTropicals.com

Has anyone ever had experience from SunriseTropicals.com, there price is resonable. I jsut want to know if the shipping is good, and the quality of the fish. Thanks.
    ----------------------------------
    I only seek perfection

Default Re: Has anyone had experience from SunriseTropicals.com

I've gotten fish in the past from them, good quality and shipping I couldn't say anything bad about them at all. I would like to suggest however one or 2 of our sponsors on here, first is Kenny's Discus and second is Mike Beals from Ohio very good quality stock in both area's and very reasonable also you should check them out as well. Jim

Tony from Sunrise is a great guy and has really nice discus, although not a sponsor here..

I bought 4 discus from Tony P. and wasn't happy. bought some heckle cross the were packaged poorly and were thin with pinched foreheads.
    I'll only buy from a sponsor I trust and if they don't have what i want, i'll wait.

Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it.
    ----------------------------------
    I only seek perfection

Good thing they have nice fish and the bad thing they very poor packing so I loss my two Albino butterfly cause they don't put any heater and it was 16F that time, But just don't wanna to buy there anymore. I prefer go with SD sponsor much better
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Real Name
    Steve

I bought 8, 3" juvies from them 3 years ago. They were all sick with hex, would not eat and never grew. I had to throw out the whole bunch. Was a total waste of time and money.
    As stated above, go with a SD sponsor.

Registered Member

If you are talking about Tony's store near SF in CA, he is a terrific guy and his service is excellent. I visited his store when the ACA was in SAC and it was a fine experience. Bought some nice baby san merahs, he shipped when I got home, they came in excellent condition.
    I later bought some wild juvenile leopoldi angels from him and this was also a great experience--but the guy can't count...he sent too many fish!
    I hold him in high esteem. Good to buy from sponsors, I agree, but also good to buy from other reputable folks and keep things open, in my opinion!
    If you get fish from him, PLZ do send my best regards andthank you,
    Harriett

Harriett,

Tony's store in Daly City closed more than a year ago. He now operates from his home. I used to buy from him quite often, it was a hit and missed. I would buy 4 to 6 at a time and 1 or 2 would not grow, the rest seems OK. His price was always on the high side which I don't mind if they were high quality, but not always.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by asifgy View Post
    Has anyone ever had experience from SunriseTropicals.com, there price is resonable. I jsut want to know if the shipping is good, and the quality of the fish. Thanks.
    Yes, I have bought discus from many breeders including many that are sponsors on this site.
    Sunrise Tropicals have the BEST discus I have ever purchased, bar none. Tony has the BEST discus you can buy. He triple bags his fish and puts heat packs in his styrofoam box. The packing is exceptional as well as his fish. You won't find better discus anywhere. Sunrise Tropicals had the healthiest, nicest looking fish I could find. Hope that helps.

Real Name
    Michael

Now 4 years later...I ordered two strains recently from Sunrise Tropicals. Mainly because these same strains were a lot more inexpensive than what KennysDiscus had--my main vendor of choice. The quality of the fish was good. However the packing was mediocre. The box was small for two fish. It was not marked "Live Fish" or "This Side Up." It was not styrofoam--just a regular small box. Considering that I was charged $35, I was extremely disappointed. Additionally, I was charged additional tax and a fee for using that crappy box--what a shame. This was definitely my last order from this vendor. I will stick with Kennys Discus--superior everything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    miguelnight