AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: New Latacara Cervicep Spawn

Registered Member patrick richard's Avatar

Default New Latacara Cervicep Spawn

These are great dwarf cichlids that I thought I would add to my fish room. At one point, all I had were discus and now I want to add a few more species to my collection. I found these cerviceps at a local pet shop, and they caught my attention at first sight. These two paired up in 2 days, and have been spawning every week since. They have some beautiful colors when breeding.

I hope you like the pictures.

Patrick
    Attached Images Attached Images

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: New Latacara Cervicep Spawn

What beautiful colors they have! Show us the babies if the parents do raise them.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Hey bud,

Those L.c's look great better watch it or you'll be over run with non-discus before you know it! LOL.

Hows the AES INTs?
    -al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Wonderful colors Patrick! I had another species dorsigeus, and they were absolutely stunning when spawning. I believe Al has those now.

Registered Member patrick richard's Avatar

They must not have liked their picture taken. This was their first photo shoot, and this morning the eggs were gone. Thats ok, I know they'll spawn again. Al, these add a nice little look to the fish room. The ALS Inter. are alittle jumpy, but they are eating like pigs. Hopefully they will settle down soon. Al does have the Dorsigeus and I'm getting a pair when they form. I can't wait.

Patrick

Those are very nice curviceps. Hopefully they'll get it right and raise some fry for you. Mine have always been great parents.

I keep dorsigera here. They are more of a black/purple color with yellow fins when they spawn. I sent all my wild pairs to Al and now I'm just raising out my last batch of F1s. They make great tankmates for discus and other peaceful cichlids. I have them in pretty much every tank in my house. They're living with severums, rams, keyhole cichlids, Krobia, angelfish, geophagus, etc.