ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: NADA CONVENTION 2012 - ARE YOU READY!!!!!

Default Re: NADA CONVENTION 2012 - ARE YOU READY!!!!!

I will Evelyn..and I love to take pics!!!!
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

LOL, too funny.

Cheese
    Evelyn
    Don't let the things you can't do stop you from doing the things you can!

Registered Member

To the organizers of the conference: Andrew Soh put together a workshop in Singapore that generated a lot of interest on another thread here on SD:

Thread #: 87097 "Andrew-Soh-workshop-on-Artificial-Discus-Breeding-amp-Guppy-health-issues-...."

Might be a good idea to consider him for a potential speaking slot. I bet several people will be interested in his thoughts on time-efficient discus breeding and rearing - valuable for the many NADA and SD members encumbered by a full-time job though still wanting to actively participate in the hobby.

Funny you posted this. I just came across it now while looking through a different thread and was kicking myself that I didn't go to Aquarama this year because of I wanted to attend his workshop. I for one would love to attend it if available at NADA 2012.
    Evelyn
    Don't let the things you can't do stop you from doing the things you can!

Quote Originally Posted by cmd4r View Post
    To the organizers of the conference: Andrew Soh put together a workshop in Singapore that generated a lot of interest on another thread here on SD:

Thread #: 87097 "Andrew-Soh-workshop-on-Artificial-Discus-Breeding-amp-Guppy-health-issues-...."

Might be a good idea to consider him for a potential speaking slot. I bet several people will be interested in his thoughts on time-efficient discus breeding and rearing - valuable for the many NADA and SD members encumbered by a full-time job though still wanting to actively participate in the hobby.

LOL, that sounds like a great idea! I'm sure the NADA convention is going to bring a lot of great surprises for everyone who attends! Hint Hint...You do not want to miss it! Wish I could be there.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    LOL, that sounds like a great idea! I'm sure the NADA convention is going to bring a lot of great surprises for everyone who attends! Hint Hint...You do not want to miss it! Wish I could be there.

Eddie
    LOL, you teaser you.

Missed seeing you around Eddie!!
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Andrew Soh would be awesome. No question the room would be packed.
    Ed
    "There was no spoon"

Gold Member

Ok we are at the one year mark!Do we know what hotel and the actual dates of when this show will happend.Time is running out could we please get some confirmed information on this show.

Real Name
    Chris

I'm also curious about hotel info. I am trying to sort out a budget and how much this will cost.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Gold Member

I here you chris not many people getting answers on what is going on.A show this size should have dates and hotels locked in by now.That's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by texasdiscusman View Post
    I here you chris not many people getting answers on what is going on.A show this size should have dates and hotels locked in by now.That's for sure
    Hey Randy my friend. Thanks for bringing this stuff up. We apologize for the miscommunication. If you will look at previous posts we announced dates several months ago. The dates are June 22nd - June 24th, 2012.
    About the hotel, that's not entirely true about having it locked in by now. We are not planning on this, but you can lock in a hotel just about anytime. The lock in date that we had was the one year mark. But, I don't know if you have ever worked with volunteers but things don't always hit their mark. Also, to save the NADA members the most money, negotiations take some time. Chris, we are trying to keep the hotel room under $100 per night. You may not be aware of this, but also NADA is smack dab in the middle of elections at this point. A final point, when NADA first posted about wanting to do a show, that was at the ACA convention in Cincinnati, Aug, 2009. The show was held in June, 2010.
    The main concentration is on securing speakers & fund-raising at this point.
    My friends & I that went last year never made a decision to go until 1 month before the convention. Everything worked out fine.
    If you have any specific questions, or feel you may have some time/effort/ideas to add please feel free to e-mail Larry Bugg, Jerry Baer or myself.
    Remember there has been a lot of upheavel that has happened in NADA within the last few months. It would be sad to add to that with negative public comments.
    Again, if you would like to help, please contact us. We are always willing to use more volunteers willing to work.
    Please understand the ground we have made so far is significant. We have some very good things happening with this show. We cannot announce stuff so far out until we are absolutely sure they are going to happen. Lots of stuff can go wrong with a show of this magnitude. We have to be careful, otherwise NADA can look very foolish.
    We all can also help by buying raffle tickets! Liz has donated some beauties that will close off real soon. This not only helps NADA but you may also win these guys!
    Thank you for your time & interest in the show.
    Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres1 View Post
    About the hotel, that's not entirely true about having it locked in by now. We are not planning on this, but you can lock in a hotel just about anytime.
    The concern would be if the dates are available at the hotel you choose, summer is a very busy convention time and hotels recommmend having commitments a year out to make sure your dates are available.

Chad is not saying that the work with the hotels has not been started, it has. We have already talked with the major hotels close to the Atlanta Airport and gotten their initial responses along with verifying that the dates were available. We have narrowed the selection down to 3 and are in the process of getting written proposals/cost from them. As Chad said, we had really hoped to have this completed by now but we find ourselves a few weeks behind our schedule. We will get the info to you just a quickly as possible.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Chris

Chad,
    Thanks for updating us on what is going on. I am welll aware of the recent issues with NADA. I visit the site often to look for show updates. I have also booked a hotel for a major event so am well aware of the time restraints to get the dates that are needed in the middle of the busy summer vacation season. It's nice that you can decide on taking a trip on short notice. I however, live with someone with a chronic illness and have to have another family member take time off of work to stay with him in order to feel comfortable leaving. That person has to put in for time now in order to be assured to get it. I am sorry if you were offended by my question. I simply wanted to know what was going on.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    Chad,
    Thanks for updating us on what is going on. I am welll aware of the recent issues with NADA. I visit the site often to look for show updates. I have also booked a hotel for a major event so am well aware of the time restraints to get the dates that are needed in the middle of the busy summer vacation season. It's nice that you can decide on taking a trip on short notice. I however, live with someone with a chronic illness and have to have another family member take time off of work to stay with him in order to feel comfortable leaving. That person has to put in for time now in order to be assured to get it. I am sorry if you were offended by my question. I simply wanted to know what was going on.

Chris
    Hey Chris,
    Sorry if it sounded that way. I was not offended at all. Larry, Jerry, the raffle team & I are putting in as much time as possible right now. I have actually gotten
    some recent responses of people that want to help. That's encouraging. Thank you.
    Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast