AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NADA Convention Show Challenge

Default Re: 2012 NADA Convention Show Challenge

Mat,

I agree that any fish locally bred should be eligible. I for one have no animosity. If it weren't for the Importers we would not have many of the varieties we now have available. I understand it is a BOD decision and hope that this becomes a reality. I would really like to see how locallly raised fish fair against the Importers and amongst themselves.

Thanks,

Jim

Banned

Smile Re: 2012 NADA Convention Show Challenge

So that all BOD's and officers know, I posted an official proposal for discussion of this category on the Board of Directors section of "our" forum.

Mat

Mat, you are defintelly my favorite NADA Board Member . Thanks for your persistence and involvement in all important issues with the Club . I just read your post in the NADA Forum but did not want to post there since is the Board members Thread . I will match your Sponsorship cost for the "Home Bred " " Bred By " prize(whatever it might be) and that will make it a bigger one . You have had Great ideas though the years and have made lots of people think about what's best for NADA , Thanks.

Your Friend,

Roberto Munoz

Mat and Roberto, I don't care what folks say about y'all. In my book you're both OK (jk). Thanks guys. For the first time I feel that this might actually happen!
    Mama Bear

Banned

Smile Re: 2012 NADA Convention Show Challenge

So, Liz, we are not okay? Is that what you are saying?

Thank you, Roberto. Coming from an upstanding discus man as yourself, I appreciate the post acknowledging what I am really trying to do. You get it.

Mat

Real Name
    Rick

This sounds like a great idea, definately has peaked my interest. And isn't that what it is all about? Is there really a need for a seperate class though? Why not just a mention of the best home bred within each class, and then an overall winner amongst these homers? It would be a great learning tool and put some "North American" into the North American Discus Association.

Rick

Banned

Rick,

Any home bred fish can be entered into its own class, like spotted or solid, and be entered into the home bred class.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
    So, Liz, we are not okay? Is that what you are saying?

Mat
    Yeah, Mat. By now you should realize that I don't think much of you.

Please realize that if it happens their may not be a lot of entries this first time around. 2 years of age is the best age to show a fish. Mine will be 19 months, which is close enough. People need time to get their ducks in a row and prepare. I am hoping that if the class happens people will come. Next time around, baring a financial debacle, I'd like to sponsor the class. We really need to promote it for 2014.

I want so much to see serious breeding on the small scale that we can manage here in the States. So much good stock is available, yet there are so few true breeders.
    Mama Bear

Guys,
    I have been really busy with life, things are calming down. I have given much consideration to this and continue to do so.
    If this happens we will also have a ballot box for most loved NADA board member.
    I will be involved more in the discussion next couple days. Thanks to all for commenting.

Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

I'm just happy to be attending you guys can hash out the details...LOL.......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres1 View Post
    Guys,
    If this happens we will also have a ballot box for most loved NADA board member.
    Chad
    I think that it must be similar to the way it was with Quarles. (slightly before my time). The ones who loved him thought the world of him. The majoirty, who did not, thought of him as a huge PITA. It doesn't bother me to be in the minority. I doubt that it will bother my friend if he is not chosen "Most Beloved". I bet he would wonder what he was doing wrong if people started liking him.

Thanks, Chad. I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
    Mama Bear

Banned

Unhappy Re: 2012 NADA Convention Show Challenge

Liz,

I am crushed. All these years I thought that you loved me.

Mat

Mat, you poor dear. No doubt you thought that because I never say what I really think and was content to lead you on.

Give it time. You'll get over the crushing disappointment of it.
    Mama Bear

Banned

Talking Re: 2012 NADA Convention Show Challenge

That's true. I have never known you to speak your mind on any given situation.

Mat

Found out again. This time on a public forum. My reputation is ruined. How can that be when I think so highly of myself?

Perhaps a mod or admin could edit this thead to say that I am a most sage and wonderous Discus keeper, that I know all the answers, and that I never have done anything wrong because I thought I knew it all, and that I don't make mistakes.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 12-26-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: left out the last "t" on thought
    Mama Bear

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast