ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It has been 1 year this month with keeping discus pics from then to now

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Default Re: It has been 1 year this month with keeping discus pics from then to now

Wow...Amazing job. Now imagine what good quality discus would look like under your great care. I agree the BD turned out very nice.

Default Re: It has been 1 year this month with keeping discus pics from then to now

you will Pat, pics are mandatory here, and I harrass endlessly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Wow, what a difference. I hope to be doing that this time next year.
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Looks great! It will be a year for me this coming Feb. Always had SW never really had a FW tank until then and planted and discus at that. I think i learned more from my FW tank than i ever did from my SW. Great to see the progress.....
    Thanks for sharing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAngels View Post
    Love that Leopard, great job hanging in there and keeping with it to this point.
    My Leopard is my favorite also. I have to admit after all the problems I had from the start keeping discus I just about gave up. But I just couldn't quit when I knew the problems I was having were my fault and not the fish themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I wouldn't think those before pic discus would end up the way they look now, great job!
    Me either shocking how much they changed. Looking at the first pics I would say those fish are stunted.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Aquaria View Post
    Wow...Amazing job. Now imagine what good quality discus would look like under your great care. I agree the BD turned out very nice.
    I have learned a lot this last year and one major thing I learned there is a big difference between raising 2" fish compared to raising 4" fish. But if you are willing to do the work early on it pays off in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydog View Post
    Looks great! It will be a year for me this coming Feb. Always had SW never really had a FW tank until then and planted and discus at that. I think i learned more from my FW tank than i ever did from my SW. Great to see the progress.....
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Thanks, we need to see some one year pics of yours.
    My wife names my fish

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I know still owe you some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusLover65 View Post
    you will Pat, pics are mandatory here, and I harrass endlessly!

Thanks for the pics. You have every right to be proud. It takes a lot of work and dedication to grow these guys out, I'm in the process myself. Just shows one can never truly know how they will turn out. Nice work.
    Pete
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by PAR23 View Post
    Thanks for the pics. You have every right to be proud. It takes a lot of work and dedication to grow these guys out, I'm in the process myself. Just shows one can never truly know how they will turn out. Nice work.
    I wish I would of taken some pics of my other fish when I got them. Just like Jennie said you don't see the change when you are looking at them every day.
    My wife names my fish

Real Name
    Pat

Sean, when I get the fry I am placing a piece of egg crate with the 1/2 inch squares and take pictures of the fry against that as reference pictures and retake once a week or so to help determine growth rates. When you see a fish day in day out it is really hard to tell if it is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10R View Post
    I wish I would of taken some pics of my other fish when I got them. Just like Jennie said you don't see the change when you are looking at them every day.
    True....I believe Eddie posted "the best way to grow out discus is to not watch them grow" LOL
    Pete
    MAGA

Sean, when I get the fry I am placing a piece of egg crate with the 1/2 inch squares and take pictures of the fry against that as reference pictures and retake once a week or so to help determine growth rates. When you see a fish day in day out it is really hard to tell if it is growing.
    What kind are you getting and how many?

Quote Originally Posted by PAR23 View Post
    True....I believe Eddie posted "the best way to grow out discus is to not watch them grow" LOL
    So true but hard not to watch them sometimes
    My wife names my fish

Real Name
    Pat

Dale's RSG, between 10 to 12 depending on the size.

Dale's RSG, between 10 to 12 depending on the size.
    Those look great I would love to have some of those. Good luck with them can't wait to see pics.
    My wife names my fish

I'm very impressed with the Blue Diamond, great colours and bright red eyes! The shape is beautiful. You've done a great job.
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10R View Post
    Those look great I would love to have some of those. Good luck with them can't wait to see pics.
    Thanks Sean, I looked at a lot of discus before settling on these guys. I honestly think I'm a wilds junky. Originally I was going to order from John but needed a huge amount of RO water to bring the PH into acceptable range for wilds. After talking with Dale about water parameters I still need about 10% RO which is quite doable.

I can hardly wait to see pics too.

Thanks Sean, I looked at a lot of discus before settling on these guys. I honestly think I'm a wilds junky. Originally I was going to order from John but needed a huge amount of RO water to bring the PH into acceptable range for wilds. After talking with Dale about water parameters I still need about 10% RO which is quite doable.

I can hardly wait to see pics too.
    I would love to get some wilds maybe that can be my next project. At first starting off with discus they didn't seem to appealing but now I really want some. I don't know if I would want to do RO or peat moss and give the water that tan look.
    My wife names my fish

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast