ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Netherlands

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Default Re: Netherlands

Pete, did you even ever tried the smoked eel, a lot of Americans already say no by the idea, ohhhh now we started portie kibbeling on the market with knoflook saus ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh.

I made it to 2 of the Islands Terschelling and Texel and only went there to PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lol lol lol

If your in Ransdorp, right in front of the church no. 50 + 52 I was born and lived till I was 19 when I moved out, with my ex to Lelystad.

I wish every child in the world could have the youth I had in this little village. The amount of pikes (turned back) and Waleyes ~ snoekbaars (eat) and your loved ones, the eels I caught in the waters in and around Ransdorp, man I miss it.

Or a simple thing like walk out of the door and feed the bread left overs to the ducks ........... think I never saw a duck here in Baltimore lol lol lol

Heck I can't even remember seeing a "sloot" here lol

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

I know. You making this even harder on me now for the first year I could hardly wait to leave, 2nd year It felt like home 3rd year I'm really really going to miss this place.
    I am working the night shift in Sittard my bus stop is called Lelystad/Kerk (Church next door) I am in the Vijverweg so there is this huge pond i can see out the window loaded with people fishing and ducks everywhere.. This year the pair of Black swans have been nesting she has 6 eggs in the nest. I never even knew black swans existed until I came here.

Hans this is an actual post I made on Facebook a few weeks ago:

If ever there was a modern day Utopia/ Garden of Eden I think I may be living there right now.Sadly the Dutch may not realize how magnificent their homeland is.
    I walked for miles along a canal with just a small foot path along it. The water as glistening as a mirror in the sun, ducks with ducklings of all different colors just floating peacefully, purple Loostrife in bloom; (which btw is not an invasive species here), smell of flowers everywhere, no mosquitoes, wood-tics or other creepy crawlies. green pastures with sheep off in the distance, children riding horses, just meandering along the canal.
    Anyways,, yup I think I found the Garden of Eden. Good Job on creating this paradise Dutchies, Kudos!

~ Pete
    any advice I give is just that, advice. I say it because it's what works for me.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by dpete9 View Post
    I know. You making this even harder on me now for the first year I could hardly wait to leave, 2nd year It felt like home 3rd year I'm really really going to miss this place.
    I am working the night shift in Sittard my bus stop is called Lelystad/Kerk (Church next door) I am in the Vijverweg so there is this huge pond i can see out the window loaded with people fishing and ducks everywhere.. This year the pair of Black swans have been nesting she has 6 eggs in the nest. I never even knew black swans existed until I came here.

Hans this is an actual post I made on Facebook a few weeks ago:

If ever there was a modern day Utopia/ Garden of Eden I think I may be living there right now.Sadly the Dutch may not realize how magnificent their homeland is.
    I walked for miles along a canal with just a small foot path along it. The water as glistening as a mirror in the sun, ducks with ducklings of all different colors just floating peacefully, purple Loostrife in bloom; (which btw is not an invasive species here), smell of flowers everywhere, no mosquitoes, wood-tics or other creepy crawlies. green pastures with sheep off in the distance, children riding horses, just meandering along the canal.
    Anyways,, yup I think I found the Garden of Eden. Good Job on creating this paradise Dutchies, Kudos!

Pete, believe me, with fishing when the sun goes down (when you catch eel) there are mosquitoes lol lol and a lot of them. Holland is a great country, Joanne and Jessie (my stephdaughter) loved it, old Amsterdam, the canals, Anna Frank House, Red light district, my daughter was 21 at that time, couldn't believe it, she had to walk up & down 2x to believe what she saw with the ladies in the windows lol lol

The tulips, flower fields, etc etc but also............... 19% sales tax to pay for the system they have there, gas prices ............ it made me sick......... but every were you go you got good and lesser good (or even bad lol)

Hans
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Shhhhhh Hans, there shall be no talk of bad things in the Netherlands! =)

Right now all I can think of is broodje frikandel and patat smothered in mayo. You guys are killing me! LOL
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Wait there's one more thing you forgot .. IT RAINS ALL THE TIME!
    but still love'n it here more then any other place I've been.
    ~ Pete
    any advice I give is just that, advice. I say it because it's what works for me.

and I forgot I am originally from Minnesota so when I say "no mosquitoes " It's ll kind of relative.
    ~ Pete

Registered Member

Hiyaa,

I am also residing in the Netherlands. Actually even in the same town as Pete lol Funny how small the world can be I am currently even breeding with his discus. I have acquired some amazing fish from him ,he sure knows how to pick them

Regards,
    Sophia

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Ha................... an other Dutchy lol lol

Hans

Only one Hans.
    Mark

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Only one Hans.

That is a good thing...I mean could we really deal with more than one???????

LOL.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Hahaha, good point John.
    Mark

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Only one Hans.
    Thank you Mark, still waiting for that call !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    That is a good thing...I mean could we really deal with more than one???????

LOL.

-john
    hmmmmm I know, I'm unique................ lol

Registered Member

Wow I see the last reply was sometime ago, but i would just like to add that i also live in the Netherlands, in Den Haag, for about a year now, but i am actually Australian.
    I just joined the forum, i used to be into keeping goldfish - properly, not just in a bowel and now my husband and i want to keep discus, he used to keep tropical fish (he is dutch).
    Am i too late? Have the expats gone back home?

Btw, it's 21% tax now...

Registered Member Fishwhispererpam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashleigh View Post
    Wow I see the last reply was sometime ago, but i would just like to add that i also live in the Netherlands, in Den Haag, for about a year now, but i am actually Australian.
    I just joined the forum, i used to be into keeping goldfish - properly, not just in a bowel and now my husband and i want to keep discus, he used to keep tropical fish (he is dutch).
    Am i too late? Have the expats gone back home?

Btw, it's 21% tax now...
    My family is also Dutch and I have just returned from a 2 week visit there. Had a blast spending time with my sis! And best of all Koninginnedag. Holland now has a King!
    Next year... Koning Dag.
    ...is there a 12 step program for this Discus addiction?

Registered Member

Yep, our new king and queen.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast